Available to book from 1 February 2023.
Park Head Hotel and Restaurant
Enjoy an overnight stay with a difference at the heart of County Durham and explore over a thousand years of history. Whatever the reason for your visit, you can expect a warm North East welcome from the team at Park Head Hotel and Restaurant.
The hotel’s 38 en-suite hotel rooms offer everything you need to enjoy your stay in the historic town of Bishop Auckland. A range of room options are available from singles and doubles to family rooms and suites. Accessible ground-floor rooms are available and there are also designated dog-friendly rooms in the Courtyard building.
Drink and Dine
Park Head Hotel and Restaurant offers breakfast, daytime dining, generous Sunday lunches and delicious evening meals in the Oak Room Restaurant. They specialise in serving timeless classics with a twist, making the most of locally sourced produce, much of which is sourced from the Walled Garden of Auckland Castle.
Located in New Coundon on the outskirts of Bishop Auckland, Park Head Hotel and Restaurant is perfectly located to enable guests to enjoy everything that the historic town of Bishop Auckland has to offer. It also offers easy access to Durham City, the Vale of Durham and the Durham Dales, making Park Head Hotel and Restaurant the ideal base for a longer stay in County Durham.
Make a Difference
Park Head Hotel and Restaurant is the latest addition to The Auckland Project, a regeneration charity with a difference. By staying at Park Head Hotel and visiting The Auckland Project’s unique collection of heritage attractions, you will be helping to create a bright future for the town of Bishop Auckland and its people.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Room||£75.00 per person per night|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Visit England Breakfast 2023
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good8
- Jeanette MExcellentSunday, 19th November 2023The place was spotless The bed was very comfortable food was excellent The courtyard was a lovely area to sit and chat over a glass of wine Couldn’t fault the place Would not hesitate to return Read full review
- AndreaHaversLondon, United KingdomFaultless.Sunday, 19th November 2023We received the warmest welcome from the excellent front of house team and were quickly allocated our rooms. Following a recent refurbishment, the rooms were spot on - really comfy, spotlessly clean... Read full review
- O3445PQtraceygOvernight stay to see local attractionsMonday, 20th November 2023The room was immaculate, the staff very friendly. The evening meal and breakfast well presented and piping hot. Can’t say enough good things about this place, was wonderful. Prices in the bar were... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Feb 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|