Delightfully designed around a traditional courtyard setting, the Park Head Hotel and Restaurant has all the facilities one would expect from a modern city centre hotel whilst enjoying a delightful rural setting with views over County Durham. (Eight of the bedrooms are situated in the main hotel and reflect the heritage of the Park Head as an 18th century coaching inn whilst still offering all the necessary modern facilities).
With thirty-two spacious rooms, all en-suite and equipped with Freeview TV and a large restaurant and Sunday carvery the hotel has become a firm favourite with those seeking an overnight stay or a leisure break.
The hotel has a large Beer Garden and Children’s Play area, complimented by our award winning courtyard and gardens.
The Park Head is renowned for its food offerings, whether it’s from the famous Sunday carvery, or our excellent Bishops Grill restaurant. Every Sunday we offer the biggest and best carvery in the county with a choice of four joints of the finest English meats, all sourced within the local area and all complemented by a wide range of locally sourced vegetables. Afternoon teas are served from 12.00 till 4.00pm every Friday and Saturday.
We cater for most dietary requirements, vegetarian and gluten free options are always available.
The Park Head Hotel has a well earned reputation as one of the region's premier venues for all special occasions and conferencing. Our menus can be tailored to your own personal requirements.
The Oakland Suite can accommodate up to: 80 theatre style, 60 cabaret style, 60 private dining.
The Bishops Grill can accomodate up to 100 people.
The Durham Suite can accomodate up to 30 people.
The Carriage Room can accomodate up to 30 people.
Function rooms can also be combined, the Oakland Suite and Bishops Grill or the Durham Suite and the Carriage Room.
All of our function rooms are fully accessible.
Here in the North East we are proud of the large number of popular attractions available to visitors and The Park Head Hotel is ideally placed to take advantage of all the area has to offer, including:
• Auckland Castle
• Binchester Roman Fort
• Beamish, The North of England Open Air Museum
• Bowes Museum and the Silver Swan
• The National Railway Museum Shildon
• Crook Hall and Gardens
• Durham Dales and High Force
• Hamsterley Forest
• Raby Castle, Gardens and Medieval Kitchens
• The Ancient City of Durham, its Cathedral and Castle
• The Sage Gateshead and the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art
• Durham County Cricket Club
And further afield but easily accessible:
• Hadrians Wall
• Kielder Water
• The Holy Island of Lindisfarne
Parking is free of charge in our large secure car park.
Most of the hotel is disabled friendly, please see our access statement for more details.
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 27th Mar 2019
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 28th Mar 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£50.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite (Double+Single Bed)||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£40.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-Suite||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy £40-£60
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Northumbria in Bloom - Pubs and Hotels Silver 2017 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good156
- ivyspence42Spennymoor, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBurns NightSaturday, 26th January 2019Excellent service. Excellent food. Two pipers brilliant and friendly. First theme night and definitely won't be the last. Keep up your fantastic work. Hope to see you in the very near future. Thanks... Read full review
- bigalz528Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNice findMonday, 11th February 2019Excellent hotel, lovely warm clean rooms, fantastic food, and very very friendly helpful staff throughout the place, nothing was a bother to them, had a lovely evening meal and a fantastic cooked... Read full review
- Andrew DNorwich, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSaturday night stayWednesday, 20th March 2019From arrival to departure every staff member had a smile and friendly hello.Wasn't going to eat here but the 241 on Steaks changed our minds and they were perfect.The beer prices are on par with most... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
On the A688 Bishop Auckland to Spennymoor road. One and a half miles from Bishop Auckland town centre.
Public Transport Directions
Well served by many public bus services. Visit www.arriva.com for full details. Durham Railway station is approximately 9 miles away Darlington Railway station is approximately 13 miles away