Mellwaters Barn - Robin Cottage
Tel: +44 01833 628181
Robin Cottage is a delightful cottage with magnificent sunsets and occasional starling displays in the sky. It has a good sized sitting/dining area with an open plan kitchen. Upstairs the bedroom can have either a double or twin beds. There is an en suite bathroom with over bath shower, WC and hand basin.
This cottage can be joined to Kingfisher Cottage for a larger family gathering. For dog lovers, a well behaved dog is welcome in Robin Cottage by prior arrangement. Robin Cottage has a level entry front door and parking is a few metres from the front door.
Awarded 4-star Gold by VisitEngland.
Total flexibility on your arrival and departure days.
Short breaks available.
Free WiFi.Widescreen TV and DVD player.
Very spacious cottage designed to give maximum possible access for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.
Exceptionally spacious living area in Kingfisher Cottage.
Kingfisher Cottage has a through lift.
Prices include all linen, towels and heating costs.
Quality ‘welcome pack’.
All kitchens are fully equipped to modern standards (Blue Tit and Kingfisher have dishwashers).
Full central heating throughout, individually controllable in each room.
All cottages have profiling beds for maximum comfort to ensure a good night’s sleep.
It is possible to join some of the cottages together to allow for larger parties to stay under one roof without being on ‘top of each other’.
The laundry room is available for the use of our visitors.It has excellent drying facilities as well as washing machine and a tumble dryer. Ironing facilities are also available.
Blue Tit and Kingfisher Cottages both have through lifts, whilst Robin and Wren each have a stair lift.
As a working sheep farm we have built approximately 5 miles of footpaths from Mellwaters Barn, designed not only for wheelchairs or ‘buggy’ use but to enable all our visitors to enjoy the magnificent views that we have from various points on the farm.
As owners, we live on site and take a pride in making sure that you will have an enjoyable holiday in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Robin Cottage||£350.00 per unit per week|
*Additional Nights £40 per night
2 night stays are available from £150
- 3a Accessibility - Mobility
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Visit England Gold 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- alanr807Trip Type:CouplesBlue tit cottageSunday, 20th March 2022absolutely perfect, immaculately clean and everything you need for a comfortable stay. Highly recommend and perfect if you have disability needs. Now has freesat tv so able to use amazon prime... Read full review
- Mary LA marvellous stay!Monday, 22nd May 2023We had a very comfortable stay. The cottage was perfect 🥰 and situated close to Barnard Castle. It has a beautiful setting and we loved seeing the lambs. Thank you for the generous Welcome Pack... Read full review
- kevincG7515BFHunstanton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesIdeal place for a short or long breakTuesday, 30th May 2023This place is fantastic for me as a carer and a wife who has ms from entering the place little touches cereals jam bread butter milk to start you off ( not forgetting the wine) what a welcome. The... Read full review
- Access Statement
- NAS MOBILITY
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M)Turn onto the A66, signed Brough/Penrith, 1 mile west of Bowes, take a left-hand turn off the A66, cross Pennine route.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington Station - 25 miles from Darlington.