Robin Cottage is a delightful cottage with magnificent sunsets and occasional starling displays in the sky. It has a good sized sitting/dining area with an open plan kitchen. Upstairs the bedroom can have either a double or twin beds. There is an en suite bathroom with over bath shower, WC and hand basin.
This cottage can be joined to Kingfisher Cottage for a larger family gathering. For dog lovers, a well behaved dog is welcome in Robin Cottage by prior arrangement. Robin Cottage has a level entry front door and parking is a few metres from the front door.
Awarded 4-star Gold by VisitEngland.
Total flexibility on your arrival and departure days.
Short breaks available.
Free WiFi.Widescreen TV and DVD player.
Very spacious cottage designed to give maximum possible access for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.
Exceptionally spacious living area in Kingfisher Cottage.
Kingfisher Cottage has a through lift.
Prices include all linen, towels and heating costs.
Quality ‘welcome pack’.
All kitchens are fully equipped to modern standards (Blue Tit and Kingfisher have dishwashers).
Full central heating throughout, individually controllable in each room.
All cottages have profiling beds for maximum comfort to ensure a good night’s sleep.
It is possible to join some of the cottages together to allow for larger parties to stay under one roof without being on ‘top of each other’.
The laundry room is available for the use of our visitors.It has excellent drying facilities as well as washing machine and a tumble dryer. Ironing facilities are also available.
Blue Tit and Kingfisher Cottages both have through lifts, whilst Robin and Wren each have a stair lift.
As a working sheep farm we have built approximately 5 miles of footpaths from Mellwaters Barn, designed not only for wheelchairs or ‘buggy’ use but to enable all our visitors to enjoy the magnificent views that we have from various points on the farm.
As owners, we live on site and take a pride in making sure that you will have an enjoyable holiday in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Robin Cottage||£350.00 per unit per week|
*Additional Nights £40 per night
2 night stays are available from £150
- 3a Accessibility - Mobility
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Visit England Gold 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- E7773VIwillrAlnwick, United KingdomI have spent several holidays at Mellwaters with my familyTuesday, 9th June 2020Wonderful accomodation in a beautiful setting, Good area for scenery and sightseeing or walking. Walks around the farm, or just a lazy peaceful holiday. Recommended. We have stayed in several of... Read full review
- sallysarahScarborough, United KingdomCleanest Place we have ever stayed in.Thursday, 30th July 2020We have just spent 3 days at Mellwaters Barn in Robin Cottage. Due to Covid19 we didnt get a personal welcome but we did get clear directions and checking in instructions. The place is spotless and... Read full review
- Shar0n_W17United KingdomDo not hesitate to book.Thursday, 15th October 2020Stayed at Mellwaters Barn Cottages for 6 nights. It was extremely clean, large rooms, cosy, comfortable and provided excellent facilities. There are walks that you can do around the farm itself... Read full review
- Access Statement
- NAS MOBILITY
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M)Turn onto the A66, signed Brough/Penrith, 1 mile west of Bowes, take a left-hand turn off the A66, cross Pennine route.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington Station - 25 miles from Darlington.