Low Urpeth Farm Self Catering Cottages - 4 Star Gold accommodation each sleeps 4, free WiFi, 5 minutes from Beamish Museum, Durham County Cricket, Chester-le-Street and close to Durham, Sunderland, Gateshead, Newcastle , Washington.and Northumberland
Katie’s Cottage, a south facing single storey stone cottage, and The Bungalow, a south facing family single storey bungalow with garden, both two ensuite bedrooms, sleeps 4. All mod cons, TV DVD, Free WiFi, large luxury bath towels. Twin & double ensuite bedrooms. Travel cot and high chair available FOC - need to reserve at time of booking. Ideal for holiday makers exploring the North East, visiting family and friends or on business.
Weekly or short breaks (two nights minimum stay) available.
National Trust Properties - Gibside, Wallington, Souter Lighthouse, Penshaw Monument, Cragside, Wallington)
20 mins - Durham City (Durham Castle, Durham Cathedral, Crook Hall, Botanical Gardens, Durham Unversity), Durham Coast, Newcastle (Great North Museum, Discovery Museum, Laing Gallery, Biscuit Factory, Laing Museum, Life Centre/Science for Life), Sunderland (Winter Gardens, Glass House, Stadium of Light), Gateshead (Angel of the North, The Sage, Baltic, Intu MetroCentre Shopping), Washington (WWT Wetlands & National Trust Washington Old Hall, National Trust Penshaw Monument).
40+ mins - South Durham (Raby Castle & Bowes Museum, The Durham Dales), Northumberland (Hexham, Corbridge, Heritage Sites - Hadrian's Wall,)
Further afield (50 mins +) : Northumberland - Alnwick Castle, Alnwick Gardens, Holy Island, Farne Islands, Bamburgh Castle, National Trust Properities - Wallington Hall and Rothbury, Northumberland Coastal Route
Ten minutes from A1(M) jct 63 Chester-le-Street (between Newcastle & Durham)
Short breaks available from £80 to £130 per night - 2 night mininum stay - depending upon season excludes Great North Run weekend
Tel 0191 4102901
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Katie's Cottage||£470.00 per unit per week|
*Short breaks also available - 2 night minimum stay from £85 - £130 per night dependant on season. Excludes GNR weekend.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- Visit England Gold 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- AvrilmannDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayThe perfect holiday accommodationFriday, 25th September 2020A friend & I have stayed in Katie’s Cottage for our Summer Break for many years. We always book for the next year as we could not find a better place to stay. Hilary & Sandra are the perfect hosts... Read full review
- HandanickTrip Type:CouplesWe will returnThursday, 8th October 2020We stayed in Katie's Cottage for a week. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by Hilary, who had baked us a cake and left us some local honey,lovely unexpected touch. Later, Sandra introduced us to a... Read full review
- NorthStar36094916026Doncaster, United KingdomGreat accommodation in a beautiful location, well run by lovely people.Monday, 25th September 2023Superb. Booked the bungalow and the cottage for two nights while visiting Beamish and Durham. Sandra and Hilary have thought of everything, a super welcome pack, cake, milk and plenty of tea and... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 3 Uncovered
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome - Secure storage available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Lock up
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
* Short breaks also available - 2 night minimum stay subject to availability. Check-in time from 17.00hrs; check-out time 09.30am
Map & Directions
10 minutes from the A1M - Leave the A1(M) at Chester-le-Street jct 63 and take the A693. After 1.5 miles turn right at the Oval-about to Ouston, continue 1.5 miles through village of Ouston, exit Ouston and the roundabout take the 2nd exit signposted (Lamelsey) (do NOT take 1st exit Urpeth), at the bottom of the hill turn sharp left after the Bungalow into Low Urpeth (the main road bears right)
Public Transport Directions
Newcastle Train station is 6 miles from Low Urpeth Farm.
Durham Train station is 11 miles from Low Urpeth Farm.
Newcastle Airport is 13 miles from Low Urpeth Farm