Dove Cottage is situated in the courtyard of Weardale House, in the centre of Sherburn Village, 3 miles from Durham City. It has access to a large garden overlooking the countryside. Guests are welcome to use the garden and summerhouse, pets are also welcome in the garden. The cottage is well equipped for 2 people. It is a good situation for exploring Durham and the surrounding area. There is access to country walks in and around Sherburn Village, perfect for dogs. Free unlimited WiFi available.
There are two pubs, a Co op supermarket, post office, chemist and bakery within easy walking distance of the cottage. There is a regular bus service every 20 minutes into Durham City.
For more information and to book visit our website at www.durhamcottages.com.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Dove Cottage||£450.00 per unit per week|
*Short breaks from £70 per night, 3 night min stay
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Katherine HDunedin, New ZealandLovely stayWednesday, 20th November 2019Dove Cottage is a very warm and cosy cottage situated in the village of Sherburn not far from Durham (three bus routes service the village to Durham). Very comfortable place to stay - especially good... Read full review
- Juedrop50Perfect cottageTuesday, 5th October 2021Dove Cottage is just great. It is well situated for Durham City as well as easy access to the surrounding areas. The cottage is clean and comfortable, extremely well equipped for cooking and the... Read full review
- ClareJ381Durham, United KingdomAmazing.Thursday, 14th April 2022Dove Cottage is just perfect. Amazing place. Amazing garden with a summer house and relaxing outdoor area with a fire. The cottage is perfectly fitted with everything you need. Clean and comfortable... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 2 Uncovered-for small cars.
- Garden/patio for guests use - Guests who bring a pet are welcome to let them use the garden
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted - Please let us know you are bring a pet
- WiFi Available - Free Unlimited use
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Save cycle storage available
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Bookable Product Facilities: Dove Cottage
- Pets Accepted
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) jct 61.Leave A1(M) at Durham services junction with A177. Take the Bowburn road and 100 yards along turn right. Follow this road until you reach a crossroads. Go straight over into the centre of Sherburn Village. Turn right and Weardale House is on your right.
Public Transport Directions
From Rail: Durham - 2.5 miles. Walk to Durham bus station and take the 64 or 24 bus to Sherburn. Get off in the centre of the village. Weardale House is 75 yards from the bus stop on the other side of the road.