Dove Cottage is situated in the courtyard of Weardale House, in the centre of Sherburn Village, 3 miles from Durham City. It has access to a large garden overlooking the countryside. The cottage is well equipped for 2 people. It is a good situation for exploring Durham and the surrounding area. Free unlimited WiFi available.
There are two pubs, a supermarket, post office, chemist and bakery within easy walking distance of the cottage. There is a regular bus service every 20 minutes into Durham City.
For more information visit our website at www.durhamcottages.com.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Dove Cottage||from £420.00 to £495.00 per unit per week|
*Short breaks from £80 per night, 3 night min stay
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good1
- Wild GSheffield, United KingdomStunning cottageSaturday, 8th September 2018We've just arrived home after a wonderful week at Dove Cottage. When we first arrived we were wowed by the gardens and courtyard. We were very grateful that we were able to share the garden. The... Read full review
- lynn SHalstead, United Kingdomlovely stayThursday, 29th November 2018lovely clean cottage, well equipped with everything we needed. It was easy to keep warm and also had lots of information in the cottage about the local area. Read full review
- ZDGEdinburgh, United KingdomRelaxing place to stayThursday, 30th May 2019Had a fantastic stay at Dove Cottage. Lovely accommodation with an amazing garden. Good location for local walks and a base for visiting Durham and the surrounding area. Ideal dog friendly... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 2 Uncovered-for small cars.
- Pets accepted - Must give prior notice
- WiFi Available - Free Unlimited use
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Save cycle storage available
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Bookable Product Facilities: Dove Cottage
- Pets Accepted
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) jct 61.
Leave A1(M) at Durham services junction with A177. Take the Bowburn road and 100 yards along turn right. Follow this road until you reach a crossroads. Go straight over into the centre of Sherburn Village. Turn right and Weardale House is on your right.
Public Transport Directions
From Rail: Durham - 2.5 miles.
Walk to Durham bus station and take the 64 or 24 bus to Sherburn. Get off in the centre of the village. Weardale House is 75 yards from the bus stop on the other side of the road.