Dove Cottage is situated in the courtyard of Weardale House, in the centre of Sherburn Village, 3 miles from Durham City. It has access to a large garden overlooking the countryside. The cottage is well equipped for 2 people. It is a good situation for exploring Durham and the surrounding area. Free unlimited WiFi available.
There are two pubs, a supermarket, post office, chemist and bakery within easy walking distance of the cottage. There is a regular bus service every 20 minutes into Durham City.
For more information visit our website at www.durhamcottages.com.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Dove Cottage||from £420.00 to £480.00 per unit per week|
*Short breaks from £80 per night, 3 night min stay
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Edmund834London, United KingdomFine place to stayFriday, 4th August 2017Very well appointed cottage. Comfortable and with a dovecote on one side of it- no noise from them, just a nice touch. Owners adjacent, yet leave you well alone. Great, long garden which looks out... Read full review
- TICLadyHertfordshire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDiamond findSaturday, 3rd September 2016Superb cosy cottage, spotlessly clean, well equipped and very homely. A great location for touring the North East and a day trip to Edinburgh. Lovely and relaxing to return to after a long day... Read full review
- Linda MStaffordshire, United Kingdombeautifully cleanSunday, 31st May 2015Spotlessly clean, very comfortable, well equipped kitchen with everything I needed. Bathroom was so clean that I thought it had just been installed! It was lovely to come home after a cycle ride and... Read full review
- WiFi Available - Free Unlimited use
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 2 Uncovered-for small cars.
- Pets accepted - Must give prior notice
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Save cycle storage available
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Bookable Product Facilities: Dove Cottage
- Pets Accepted
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) jct 61.
Leave A1(M) at Durham services junction with A177. Take the Bowburn road and 100 yards along turn right. Follow this road until you reach a crossroads. Go straight over into the centre of Sherburn Village. Turn right and Weardale House is on your right.
Public Transport Directions
From Rail: Durham - 2.5 miles.
Walk to Durham bus station and take the 64 or 24 bus to Sherburn. Get off in the centre of the village. Weardale House is 75 yards from the bus stop on the other side of the road.