Dove Cottage is situated in the courtyard of Weardale House, in the centre of Sherburn Village, 3 miles from Durham City. It has access to a large garden overlooking the countryside. Guests are welcome to use the garden and summerhouse, pets are also welcome in the garden. The cottage is well equipped for 2 people. It is a good situation for exploring Durham and the surrounding area. There is access to country walks in and around Sherburn Village, perfect for dogs. Free unlimited WiFi available.
There are two pubs, a Co op supermarket, post office, chemist and bakery within easy walking distance of the cottage. There is a regular bus service every 20 minutes into Durham City.
For more information and to book visit our website at www.durhamcottages.com.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Dove Cottage||£450.00 per unit per week|
*Short breaks from £70 per night, 3 night min stay
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 2 Uncovered-for small cars.
- Garden/patio for guests use - Guests who bring a pet are welcome to let them use the garden
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted - Please let us know you are bring a pet
- WiFi Available - Free Unlimited use
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Save cycle storage available
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Bookable Product Facilities: Dove Cottage
- Pets Accepted
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) jct 61.Leave A1(M) at Durham services junction with A177. Take the Bowburn road and 100 yards along turn right. Follow this road until you reach a crossroads. Go straight over into the centre of Sherburn Village. Turn right and Weardale House is on your right.
Public Transport Directions
From Rail: Durham - 2.5 miles. Walk to Durham bus station and take the 64 or 24 bus to Sherburn. Get off in the centre of the village. Weardale House is 75 yards from the bus stop on the other side of the road.