Middleton in Teesdale provides the perfect centre for those seeking to enjoy the delights of unspoilt countryside, quiet roads, flower-filled meadows and strolls through the breathtaking scenery of the North Pennines - a haven for wildlife.
Local attractions include England's largest waterfall, historic castles, houses, abbeys and The Bowes Museum. Activities include walking, horse riding, cycling, canoeing, golf, sightseeing or just being plain lazy!
Brunswick House is a charming stone-built village home (dating from 1760) with an enviable reputation for outstanding home cooking using fresh and local produce such as Teesdale lamb, beef, sausages, trout and Cotherstone cheese. Table of d'hote menu available for dinner and breakfasts, prepared to order from a comprehensive menu including cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts, kippers and traditional English cooked breakfast.
Our comfortable lounge with open fire, exposed beams and sumptuous sofas is the ideal place to relax either on arrival with tea or coffee served with home-made biscuits or before and after your meal with a drink from our well stocked bar.
Our 3 doubles and 2 twin bedded rooms are attractively decorated with antique style bedsteads, Egyptian cotton bedding and Bath House toiletries. Several of the rooms have original Georgian fireplaces and all are complemented by every modern comfort.
Secure car parking is available at the rear of the house where you will also find a patio area overlooking the Hudeshope Beck where you will be able to relax and perhaps glance trout, dippers, kingfishers and herons.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy £60 per room
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit England Gold 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Gold Award for Best Bed and Breakfast North East Tourism Awards 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good16
- Rambler1966Matlock, United KingdomGreat base from which to explore the North PenninesSaturday, 9th September 2023A lovely B&B, in which I had the pleasure of staying for 5 nights during the first week in September. I had a nice comfortable double room with en suite bathroom, and Andrew was a great host. The... Read full review
- JasonB7056Great place, lot of heart and love gone into this place. We cany highly recommend itSunday, 17th September 2023We unfortunately only stayed one night during our Pennines Way hike. After staying in 10 different accommodations from B&B to hotel on the way. This one stuck out for having a really nice bedroom... Read full review
- katiewT3468PMExcellent staySunday, 22nd October 2023Excellent stay last night. Everything we could have wished for a warm, quiet, relaxing and comfortable stay. The owners attention to detail is phenomenal, everything we need was provided and of... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|