Middleton in Teesdale provides the perfect centre for those seeking to enjoy the delights of unspoilt countryside, quiet roads, flower-filled meadows and strolls through the breathtaking scenery of the North Pennines - a haven for wildlife.
Local attractions include England's largest waterfall, historic castles, houses, abbeys and The Bowes Museum. Activities include walking, horse riding, cycling, canoeing, golf, sightseeing or just being plain lazy!
Brunswick House is a charming stone-built village home (dating from 1760) with an enviable reputation for outstanding home cooking using fresh and local produce such as Teesdale lamb, beef, sausages, trout and Cotherstone cheese. Table of d'hote menu available for dinner and breakfasts, prepared to order from a comprehensive menu including cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts, kippers and traditional English cooked breakfast.
Our comfortable lounge with open fire, exposed beams and sumptuous sofas is the ideal place to relax either on arrival with tea or coffee served with home-made biscuits or before and after your meal with a drink from our well stocked bar.
Our 3 doubles and 2 twin bedded rooms are attractively decorated with antique style bedsteads, Egyptian cotton bedding and Bath House toiletries. Several of the rooms have original Georgian fireplaces and all are complemented by every modern comfort.
Secure car parking is available at the rear of the house where you will also find a patio area overlooking the Hudeshope Beck where you will be able to relax and perhaps glance trout, dippers, kingfishers and herons.
- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 27th Aug 2019
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 28th Aug 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy £60 per room
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit England Gold 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good16
- ADELE HNewcastle, United KingdomWow, Enjoyed our staySunday, 7th July 2019From water, milk, tea and coffee everything was there. Iron, Iron board, hair dryer. Bathroom all toiletries. Best B/B. Breakfast cooked as ordered hot and to perfection. Best place in Teesdale... Read full review
- Michael GKingston-upon-Hull, United KingdomFantastic 4 day breakFriday, 26th July 2019We had the most wonderful stay at Brunswick House. Andrew and Sheila are perfect hosts. Had the most amazing breakfasts. The presentation of the breakfast was the best we have ever had. The rooms... Read full review
- KendalDaveKENDALTrip Type:CouplesVery Enjoyable StayMonday, 5th August 2019Possibly the best breakfast selection and quality we've ever had in this price range (we stay in hotels about 70 nights p.a.). Almost unheard of in the UK outside upmarket hotels, all rooms had a... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|