Middleton in Teesdale provides the perfect centre for those seeking to enjoy the delights of unspoilt countryside, quiet roads, flower-filled meadows and strolls through the breathtaking scenery of the North Pennines - a haven for wildlife.
Local attractions include England's largest waterfall, historic castles, houses, abbeys and The Bowes Museum. Activities include walking, horse riding, cycling, canoeing, golf, sightseeing or just being plain lazy!
Brunswick House is a charming stone-built village home (dating from 1760) with an enviable reputation for outstanding home cooking using fresh and local produce such as Teesdale lamb, beef, sausages, trout and Cotherstone cheese. Table of d'hote menu available for dinner and breakfasts, prepared to order from a comprehensive menu including cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts, kippers and traditional English cooked breakfast.
Our comfortable lounge with open fire, exposed beams and sumptuous sofas is the ideal place to relax either on arrival with tea or coffee served with home-made biscuits or before and after your meal with a drink from our well stocked bar.
Our 3 doubles and 2 twin bedded rooms are attractively decorated with antique style bedsteads, Egyptian cotton bedding and Bath House toiletries. Several of the rooms have original Georgian fireplaces and all are complemented by every modern comfort.
Secure car parking is available at the rear of the house where you will also find a patio area overlooking the Hudeshope Beck where you will be able to relax and perhaps glance trout, dippers, kingfishers and herons.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy £60 per room
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit England Gold 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good16
- dazler01Nottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely staySunday, 15th October 20172 nights here. Recommend supper here. We were the only ones that night but it was like having a private chef. Great log fire in sitting room. Breakfasts excellent. As others have said the room and... Read full review
- lindar300_12Morpeth, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFabulous overnight stay at this lovely b&bFriday, 13th October 2017Stayed in Brunswick House as I was attending a wedding in nearby Lartington Hall. Comfortable, warm, clean room with tea making facilities, small fridge, complimentary water etc. Lovely ensuite... Read full review
- William OLiverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBest breakfast on the Pennine WaySunday, 24th September 2017After 9 long days on the Pennine Way, it was nice to enjoy some luxury in Middleton. This was probably the best accommodation we had on the entire walk. It isn't the cheapest, but you absolutely get... Read full review
- WiFi Available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
From A67 Situated on the main, road B6277, through Middleton in Teesdale.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 23 milesFrom station take A67 to Barnard Castle. Then B6277 to Middleton-in-Teesdale.