Middleton in Teesdale provides the perfect centre for those seeking to enjoy the delights of unspoilt countryside, quiet roads, flower-filled meadows and strolls through the breathtaking scenery of the North Pennines - a haven for wildlife.
Local attractions include England's largest waterfall, historic castles, houses, abbeys and The Bowes Museum. Activities include walking, horse riding, cycling, canoeing, golf, sightseeing or just being plain lazy!
Brunswick House is a charming stone-built village home (dating from 1760) with an enviable reputation for outstanding home cooking using fresh and local produce such as Teesdale lamb, beef, sausages, trout and Cotherstone cheese. Table of d'hote menu available for dinner and breakfasts, prepared to order from a comprehensive menu including cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts, kippers and traditional English cooked breakfast.
Our comfortable lounge with open fire, exposed beams and sumptuous sofas is the ideal place to relax either on arrival with tea or coffee served with home-made biscuits or before and after your meal with a drink from our well stocked bar.
Our 3 doubles and 2 twin bedded rooms are attractively decorated with antique style bedsteads, Egyptian cotton bedding and Bath House toiletries. Several of the rooms have original Georgian fireplaces and all are complemented by every modern comfort.
Secure car parking is available at the rear of the house where you will also find a patio area overlooking the Hudeshope Beck where you will be able to relax and perhaps glance trout, dippers, kingfishers and herons.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy £60 per room
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit England Gold 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good16
- Richrun24Highworth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPerfect stopover on the Pennine WayFriday, 11th May 2018It was day 12 of our Pennine Way walk and we were feeling tired and in need of comfortable accommodation for the night and we were not disappointed. Brunswick House is everything a guest house... Read full review
- chellebristGreater London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBrilliant b&b!Monday, 25th June 2018Andrew and his wife are brilliant hosts, the b&b is clean and cosy, with comfy beds and a nice welcoming atmosphere. Andrew particularly went out of his way to be helpful for us, when we asked for a... Read full review
- 259JohnF259Bury, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelA superb B&BTuesday, 9th October 2018I stayed here on 12 September 2018 whilst on the Pennine Way and was warmly greeted by Andrew. Quite simply, this is one of the best B&B's I have ever stayed in. Nothing is too much trouble and the... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|