The Park and Gardens provide lots of opportunity for fresh air, fun and exercise. Our Woodland Adventure Playground will keep children entertained and bikes are available for the whole family to hire, so that you can explore the wider Park. Walking and cycling routes can be obtained from our admissions team when purchasing your ticket.
The tranquil setting of Raby Castle is perfect for a leisurely stroll or to sit and find some peace in our fast-paced world.
Organised activities take place throughout the year including Forest School activities and trails for children of all ages, group dog walks and Yoga. Please check our event pages for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good216
- MinnieMinx67Durham, United KingdomGreat Tour And Guide (Keith)Sunday, 8th March 2020I wrote a review about the castle last year but wanted to do an add-on about the tour we took earlier this week. The tours (times 12pm and 2.30pm I think - but do check!) are included in the entry... Read full review
- Fiona CNottingham, United KingdomWhat a great placeMonday, 9th March 2020We visited on the first day of the new season, so got to visit the castle for the price of a gardens ticket - excellent value. It's a fascinating place and the guides in each room were very... Read full review
- C6619LLrobwRuislip, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayDay tripTuesday, 10th March 20202nd visit to this beautiful castle. Another enjoyable day. The inside of the castle is breathtaking and full of history. Dotted around the different rooms are volunteers who are full of knowledge... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - In park only on short leads
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily from 10:00
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.