The Park and Gardens provide lots of opportunity for fresh air, fun and exercise. Our Woodland Adventure Playground will keep children entertained and bikes are available for the whole family to hire, so that you can explore the wider Park. Walking and cycling routes can be obtained from our admissions team when purchasing your ticket.
The tranquil setting of Raby Castle is perfect for a leisurely stroll or to sit and find some peace in our fast-paced world.
Organised activities take place throughout the year including Forest School activities and trails for children of all ages, group dog walks and Yoga. Please check our event pages for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good217
- Carly2707Trip Type:CouplesNice walk. Not worth the moneyThursday, 18th June 2020My fiancé surprised me with a trip out today. He took me to Raby castle which we knew the castle it’s self wouldn’t be open due to the coronavirus but we knew we could have a nice walk around the... Read full review
- Aunty_NitaWashington, United KingdomLovely Day OutThursday, 25th June 2020I went to Raby last weekend as I wanted somewhere nice to go for a walk and was happy to pay the entrance price, even though I knew the castle would not be open. The walk was lovely and the walled... Read full review
- aletheaw597South Shields, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMy Perfect DaySunday, 28th June 2020Where do I begin, from the young chatty lad guiding us to the car park space, the lovely lady checking tickets, the gardens, the lakes, the cattle, the deer, the sight of the castles grandeur (closed... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - In park only on short leads
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily from 10:00
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.