Come and visit Wetheriggs - Wetheriggs Animal Rescue is a small family run animal rescue centre at Thorpe Farm Caravan Park located on the border of County Durham and North Yorkshire.
We are open every day from 10am to the public. Visitors have the chance to get close and interact with our animals including feeding some of them! We also regularly hold animal handling sessions with rabbits, guinea pigs, chicks, rodents, snakes, lizards and much more.
The main entrance is located in the building directly opposite the Thorpe Farm Reclamation Barn. There is plenty of parking space close to the entrance and the Wetheriggs gift shop is also located here. The entrance fee helps to run the rescue centre
A large proportion of our animals are housed outside in the paddocks. This area is separate to the main entrance and requires visitors to walk across the car park and a small road to visit. Visitors are required to purchase wristbands from the main entrance before visiting the paddocks. Access to Wetheriggs Rescue Centre is free of charge to our seasonal caravan pitch holders and holiday home residents.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||£5.95 per ticket type|
|Children (over 3)||£4.95 per ticket type|
|Concessions||£4.95 per ticket type|
|Family (2+2)||£19.95 per ticket type|
Bags of animal feed are £1 each or 3 bags for £2.50. Children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The outside areas have grass walkways which can often be damp. We recommend wearing suitable footwear. Sandals and other similar footwear is not advised.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good8
- HisLordshipZionAlston, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTwo ducks still going strong...Thursday, 13th December 2018Have visited Wetheriggs twice, living an hour and a half away. The first visit was to re-home two ducks who continue to thrive several years later. They have also reproduced, so I now have a very... Read full review
- 25611111Hawes, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat little rescue centre to visitWednesday, 9th January 2019Lots of different animals to see and feed, nice walk round the paddocks. Information from the staff very helpful and informative. .will visit again with family. .. Read full review
- Helen WNewcastle, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazing family day outTuesday, 26th February 2019We had an amazing day out, seeing all of the animals and our 7 year old daughter loved it. Especially watching the quail hatching. Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Outdoor Attraction
- Family Fun
|Season (2 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Opening times during the winter months are 10:00-16:00. Last admission 1 hour before closing.