A four mile circular footpath around the shoreline of Grassholme Reservoir, providing magnificent views across the water.
Grassholme Reservoir is set within the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is part designated as Local Wildlife Site.
The terraced car park offers spectacular views of the valley and the small shop provides refreshments and clothing for visitors. Open March to November. There are two picnic sites also located around the reservoir.
The public footpath follows the reservoir shoreline and the Pennine Way long distance footpath marks the eastern boundary.
Information provided by Northumbrian Water.
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Distance: 1-5 Miles
- Grade: Easy
- Theme: Family Friendly
- Theme: Rivers / Reservoirs
- Toilets for disabled visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Shop - Open March - November
- Toilets - Open March - November
- In countryside