Toronto Lodge, Bishop Auckland, is a Sonnet 43 brewery tap for comprising a fantastic fresh local food and award-winning craft ales from Sonnet 43 Brew House.
We believe dining out doesn’t always have to be a formal experience, therefore at Toronto Lodge, we aim to be a relaxing stop-off to enjoy tasty grub with quality ale, in a contemporary yet cosy setting. We’re passionate about great food & drink and keeping things local wherever possible, including sourcing our meat and fish from within the region and supporting local producers.
We are also a Sonnet 43 pub – our award-winning craft ales, made just a few miles down the road at Coxhoe, County Durham are all available on our bar. We trust that beer and food can be a delightful combination when done right, therefore have made suggestions throughout our menu, for which ale pairs best with each dish.
With craft beers from Sonnet 43 Brew House, Coxhoe, and artisan gins and vodka from Poetic License Independent Small Batch Distillery, Sunderland, on the bar, we ensure you’ll be spoilt for choice when visiting us.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good77
- Susan1027Bishop Auckland, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayVery goodTuesday, 12th February 2019Food was as always lovely. Had lunch which was gorgeous. Ate far too much but everything was delicious Read full review
- John GTrip Type:CouplesValentine’s eveningThursday, 14th February 2019First visit here, very friendly greeting on arrival, we were nearly half an hour early but they still got us seated. Food arrived in good time and we both loved the dishes we had selected. We will... Read full review
- DrecklydrecklyNorth East England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySpecial occassion so disappointingWednesday, 20th February 2019Ordered falafal burger, no falafals so burger came with just mushrooms. Charged full price. Main meal came without chorizo which was part of dish. Waited 15 mins for extra chorizo to arrive and added... Read full review
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|