Toronto Lodge, Bishop Auckland, is a Sonnet 43 brewery tap for comprising a fantastic fresh local food and award-winning craft ales from Sonnet 43 Brew House.
We believe dining out doesn’t always have to be a formal experience, therefore at Toronto Lodge, we aim to be a relaxing stop-off to enjoy tasty grub with quality ale, in a contemporary yet cosy setting. We’re passionate about great food & drink and keeping things local wherever possible, including sourcing our meat and fish from within the region and supporting local producers.
We are also a Sonnet 43 pub – our award-winning craft ales, made just a few miles down the road at Coxhoe, County Durham are all available on our bar. We trust that beer and food can be a delightful combination when done right, therefore have made suggestions throughout our menu, for which ale pairs best with each dish.
With craft beers from Sonnet 43 Brew House, Coxhoe, and artisan gins and vodka from Poetic License Independent Small Batch Distillery, Sunderland, on the bar, we ensure you’ll be spoilt for choice when visiting us.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good76
- robrebrabSutton in Ashfield, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFantastic Meal and ServiceFriday, 14th December 2018We visited the Toronto Lodge as a large group. It was well worth the visit as the food was really delicious. The service was top notch and nothing was too much trouble. We are not from the area and... Read full review
- Chris BSpennymoor, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic little restaurantFriday, 14th December 2018We turned up here without a table on a Friday night during Christmas. Staff very kindly squeezed us in. The food was excellent with the belly pork being a particular highlight. Staff were warn... Read full review
- leeb93Bishop Auckland, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayburger and chips!Saturday, 15th December 2018if you love burgers then make sure you check out the ‘build your own burger’ nights. Pick what you want.... and they all come with home made thick cut chips! Read full review
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|