Toronto Lodge, Bishop Auckland, is a Sonnet 43 brewery tap for comprising a fantastic fresh local food and award-winning craft ales from Sonnet 43 Brew House.
We believe dining out doesn’t always have to be a formal experience, therefore at Toronto Lodge, we aim to be a relaxing stop-off to enjoy tasty grub with quality ale, in a contemporary yet cosy setting. We’re passionate about great food & drink and keeping things local wherever possible, including sourcing our meat and fish from within the region and supporting local producers.
We are also a Sonnet 43 pub – our award-winning craft ales, made just a few miles down the road at Coxhoe, County Durham are all available on our bar. We trust that beer and food can be a delightful combination when done right, therefore have made suggestions throughout our menu, for which ale pairs best with each dish.
With craft beers from Sonnet 43 Brew House, Coxhoe, and artisan gins and vodka from Poetic License Independent Small Batch Distillery, Sunderland, on the bar, we ensure you’ll be spoilt for choice when visiting us.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good80
- SpikeydogDurhamDurhamTrip Type:CouplesPoorThursday, 4th April 2019Very disappointed! Ordered Mussels to start in a cream and white wine sauce as a starter, over £7, they arrived in what can only be described as a cream sauce which hadn’t seen any wine, tasteless... Read full review
- Dale RTrip Type:FamilySlow serviceSaturday, 13th April 2019Very slow service for cold greasy food have been before but on this occasion was very dissatisfied with the food and service. Read full review
- Mrsh42xxxTrip Type:CouplesBest belly pork everSunday, 14th April 2019My husband and I fancied a last minute Sunday lunch so we rang and booked a table just 45 mins before hand and both had the belly pork it was delicious and the gravy was perfect - I’m very particular... Read full review
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|