Toronto Lodge, Bishop Auckland, is a Sonnet 43 brewery tap for comprising a fantastic fresh local food and award-winning craft ales from Sonnet 43 Brew House.
We believe dining out doesn’t always have to be a formal experience, therefore at Toronto Lodge, we aim to be a relaxing stop-off to enjoy tasty grub with quality ale, in a contemporary yet cosy setting. We’re passionate about great food & drink and keeping things local wherever possible, including sourcing our meat and fish from within the region and supporting local producers.
We are also a Sonnet 43 pub – our award-winning craft ales, made just a few miles down the road at Coxhoe, County Durham are all available on our bar. We trust that beer and food can be a delightful combination when done right, therefore have made suggestions throughout our menu, for which ale pairs best with each dish.
With craft beers from Sonnet 43 Brew House, Coxhoe, and artisan gins and vodka from Poetic License Independent Small Batch Distillery, Sunderland, on the bar, we ensure you’ll be spoilt for choice when visiting us.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good74
- E7201DAannrAlarcon, Spaindinner before KynrenThursday, 18th October 2018An ideal place to eat before Kynren,burgers were excellent and hugh!!A menu with plenty of variety,good service. Read full review
- tt123DurhamdurhamTrip Type:CouplesAwful steakMonday, 15th October 2018We had an early dinner prior to watching a band. I ordered the rump steak, my husband the stack burger! Unfortunately the steak was very thin and over cooked, a little like a tasteless leather. The... Read full review
- Klara LTrip Type:FamilyExcellent food and excellent service from Sam the lovely waitress!!!Saturday, 13th October 2018We visited the Toronto Lodge for a family meal. We were welcomed by Sam who was very honest about the leaks in the restaurant due to storm Callum, we thought this was great that she informed us at... Read full review
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|