This is a family run pub in the heart of Witton-le-Wear, just off the A68. Providing 5 superior new bedrooms, all with ensuite, check out the website www.thevicwlw.co.uk
We provide a high quality standard of Sunday Lunch and beverages.
Always a choice of Real Ales, and a very large selection of Gins.
A large car park with a south facing seating area makes it an ideal suntrap. A wood burning stove surrounded by comfy sofas makes an ideal place to visit and relax.
Dog friendly, children friendly, in fact friendly for all.
Special theme food nights, and a great Sunday Lunch
Discount vouchers available for local attractions: Beamish Museum, Raby Castle, High Force, Bowes Museum, when booking your room
A perfect location if visiting Kynren, Only a 8 minute drive.
Perfect location to eat when visiting Stormin The Castle (watch out for special offers that weekend)
Witton le Wear holds an Annual Village Show which take place on September 14th this year, where locals show their produce and it ends in a evening of produce auction in the local pub The Victoria.
5 brand new bedrooms, double/king/family
All bedrooms have private ensuite shower rooms
Breakfast included in the tariff
Check out the website for details www.thevicwlw.co.uk
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- scottscorsaEnglandTrip Type:FamilyFantastic service and great foodFriday, 14th August 2020Very pleased we stayed for food, we only intended on having a few drinks. Definitely coming back, the next time we are local. Read full review
- S560STjillhTrip Type:CouplesA hidden gem in weardaleSaturday, 19th September 2020Stayed here for three nights and had the most fantastic stay. We were made to feel welcome from the very start and nothing was too much trouble. The room was amazing and immaculate with a beautiful... Read full review
- S560STjillhTrip Type:BusinessShort notice night awayThursday, 22nd October 2020Stayed here a few weeks ago and had an amazing time so when the need for a quick trip north happened there was only one place to stay. We were accommodated at short notice in the wonderful spotless... Read full review
- Guide dogs permitted
- Cater for vegetarians
- Catering service
- Groups: Afternoon Tea Catered For - Walkers, Cyclists always welcome, tea, coffee, cake available when pre booked. On the days the pub is classed as closed arrangements can be made via the landlord to open for groups etc
- Groups: Breakfast Catered For - Breakfast can be available, only on request, booking in advance only
- Groups: Refreshments Only - Sandwiches and cakes can be available on request. Bookings in advance only.
- Serve breakfast
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Baby changing facilities
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Booking essential
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions
- Booking required
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Groups accepted
- Number of covers - Caters for up to 405 covers at any one sitting
- Pets accepted
- Real log/coal fires - Wood burning Stove in the Lounge area
- Village Location - Situaed in the Beautiful Village Of Witton le Wear.
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome - Bike Stand available outside. Refreshments can be provided when pre booked
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open Tuesday 5.30 - 21.30 champions League nights only
Open Wednesday, 05.30 - 21.00
Open Thursday, Friday 4.00
Open Saturday 12.00 - 1100pm
Open Sunday 12.00 - 9.00pm SUNDAY LUNCH SERVED 12.00 - 3.00PM
Open champions League Football Nights
Map & Directions
Just off the A68.
Public Transport Directions
No public transport runs through the village.
Witton Castle Caravan Park within walking distance
Railways Stations nearby : Bishop Auckland 5 miles
Darlington 15 miles
Durham 12 miles
Weardale Railways runs through the village, see the timetable on www.weardale-railway.org.uk
Beamish Museum 19.5 miles
Bowes Museum 13 miles
Kynren 4 miles