The newly reopened Seaton Lane Inn has carved out an enviable reputation for superb homemade food.
Firmly established on the food lovers’ map, The Seaton Lane Inn is open all day, every day offering excellent homemade dishes from dawn until dusk.
Whether it’s a crispy-based homemade pizza loaded with toppings, a traditional pub meal, juicy steaks from the grill selection or an authenticate Indian dish from our collaboration with TV chef Titu Ahad, there’s a wide range of homemade dishes to suit all tastes.
Be sure not to miss The Seaton Lane Inn’s famous Sunday Carvery from 12 noon until 5pm (subject to availability). Dining between 12 and 1pm on Sundays? It’s best to book to guarantee a table.
Children are always welcome at The Seaton Lane Inn. We’ve a full children’s menu with build-your-own meal options.
Raise a glass from The Seaton Lane Inn’s brimming drinks menu – from local real ales to craft beers, cocktails and speciality gins to a fine array of teas and coffees from famous local institution Ringtons.
With a coveted AA Dinner Award under his belt, inspired head chef Tony Hall specialises in flavour-packed dishes. With a globetrotting menu where traditional favourites like homemade steak and ale pie with melt-in-the-mouth pastry sit alongside seasonal treats like lamb cutlets with heritage potatoes or crisp-skinned pan fried sea bass with samphire. Desserts including coconut, rum and lime panna cotta and a moreish homemade rocky road are guaranteed to hit a sweet spot.
With an imaginative new look where the outdoors is brought indoors with quirky accessories and bold, botanic-styled wallpaper and prints, there are plenty of quiet corners to relax over drinks or a meal. The jewel in the crown is a stunning new orangery complete with plant wall, chandeliers and water feature.
The Seaton Lane Inn also has 18 well-equipped en suite bedrooms leave a lasting impression for all the right reason. Rated AA four star, think statement wallpaper, upholstered headboards, soothing dove-grey hues and subtle metallic finishes. There are deeply comfortable beds and calming heather-checked carpets to pad upon. And you even get your own sleep kit. Designated pet friendly rooms are also available.
The Seaton Lane Inn is perfectly located for exploring the best of the North East. Whether you dream of traversing the beautiful beaches on the North East coast, exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Durham Cathedral and Castle, paying a visit to Beamish Museum, Washington Wetland Centre, the National Glass Centre in Sunderland or Souter Lighthouse, shopping until you drop at intu Metrocentre or Dalton Park shopping centre or exploring Newcastle or Sunderland city centres, you’ll find it all within easy reach of The Seaton Lane Inn.
With Durham County Cricket Club, the Stadium of Light and St James’ Park nearby, it’s the perfect base for sporting fans too. Watch a game and then celebrate with a cold craft beer on your return.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|a la carte||£8.95 average price per head|
|Dinner 2-course special||£11.95 average price per head|
|Lunch||£5.95 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch - 2 course||£9.95 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good128
- I746CBalisonfTrip Type:FamilyAlisonSunday, 16th February 2020Visited today for sons 21st birthday. Excellent service from friendly, helpful and accomodating staff. Food lovely,tasty and well presented. I would reccomend a visit to anyone Read full review
- sharpleymanSeaham, United KingdomNot up to our previous visitsSunday, 23rd February 2020I called in personally to book four days before our visit. When we arrived were shown to table set for 5 when I had booked for 6. Our booking for 6 at 5 pm had written as 5 for 6 pm which was not a... Read full review
- deed359London, United KingdomWould stay again but would eat somewhere else.....Sunday, 1st March 2020The staff were excellent, could not fault them, nothing was too much trouble, friendly and with a smile. Ellie and Jasmine were outstanding. The room was lovely, clean, nice size and comfortable... Read full review
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide dogs permitted
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Cater for vegetarians
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free parking.
- Parking (free)
- American Express accepted
- Groups Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Booking required
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Pets accepted
- Real log/coal fires
- Village Location
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Thursday||07:00||- 00:00|
|Friday - Saturday||07:00||- 01:00|
|Bank Holiday||07:00||- 00:00|
* Open 0700-2130 for food and 1130-midnight for drinks (until 1am Friday and Saturday evening)
Map & Directions
From the North: Exit the A19 taking the B1404 towards Seaham. Turn right onto Seaton Lane B1404. Seaton Lane Inn is on your left.
From the South: Exit the A19 taking the A1018 exit towards Sunderland. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto B1285. Turn right onto Seaton Ln/B1404. Seaton Lane Inn is on your left.
Seaham Hall – 5 minutes Sunderland – 10 minutes Newcastle upon Tyne – 20 minutes Durham – 20 minutes