The newly reopened Seaton Lane Inn has carved out an enviable reputation for superb homemade food.
Firmly established on the food lovers’ map, The Seaton Lane Inn is open all day, every day offering excellent homemade dishes from dawn until dusk.
Whether it’s a crispy-based homemade pizza loaded with toppings, a traditional pub meal, juicy steaks from the grill selection or an authenticate Indian dish from our collaboration with TV chef Titu Ahad, there’s a wide range of homemade dishes to suit all tastes.
Be sure not to miss The Seaton Lane Inn’s famous Sunday Carvery from 12 noon until 5pm (subject to availability). Dining between 12 and 1pm on Sundays? It’s best to book to guarantee a table.
Children are always welcome at The Seaton Lane Inn. We’ve a full children’s menu with build-your-own meal options.
Raise a glass from The Seaton Lane Inn’s brimming drinks menu – from local real ales to craft beers, cocktails and speciality gins to a fine array of teas and coffees from famous local institution Ringtons.
With a coveted AA Dinner Award under his belt, inspired head chef Tony Hall specialises in flavour-packed dishes. With a globetrotting menu where traditional favourites like homemade steak and ale pie with melt-in-the-mouth pastry sit alongside seasonal treats like lamb cutlets with heritage potatoes or crisp-skinned pan fried sea bass with samphire. Desserts including coconut, rum and lime panna cotta and a moreish homemade rocky road are guaranteed to hit a sweet spot.
With an imaginative new look where the outdoors is brought indoors with quirky accessories and bold, botanic-styled wallpaper and prints, there are plenty of quiet corners to relax over drinks or a meal. The jewel in the crown is a stunning new orangery complete with plant wall, chandeliers and water feature.
The Seaton Lane Inn also has 18 well-equipped en suite bedrooms leave a lasting impression for all the right reason. Rated AA four star, think statement wallpaper, upholstered headboards, soothing dove-grey hues and subtle metallic finishes. There are deeply comfortable beds and calming heather-checked carpets to pad upon. And you even get your own sleep kit. Designated pet friendly rooms are also available.
The Seaton Lane Inn is perfectly located for exploring the best of the North East. Whether you dream of traversing the beautiful beaches on the North East coast, exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Durham Cathedral and Castle, paying a visit to Beamish Museum, Washington Wetland Centre, the National Glass Centre in Sunderland or Souter Lighthouse, shopping until you drop at intu Metrocentre or Dalton Park shopping centre or exploring Newcastle or Sunderland city centres, you’ll find it all within easy reach of The Seaton Lane Inn.
With Durham County Cricket Club, the Stadium of Light and St James’ Park nearby, it’s the perfect base for sporting fans too. Watch a game and then celebrate with a cold craft beer on your return.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good135
- andrearU3859DUTrip Type:FamilyRegular localFriday, 7th April 2023We live locally and have been before but the twice we’ve been over the last month and everything was beautiful - normal menu and Sunday lunch menu - and I know this is basic BUT if the soup and chips... Read full review
- Jet710048Disappointing Sunday LunchSunday, 23rd July 2023Very disappointing Sunday Lunch. Food is what I would expect at a poorly catered function event. Unappetising, tasteless thinly sliced beef, strangely textured Yorkshire pudding ( definitely not... Read full review
- Ann HYork, United KingdomGreat ambience and foodMonday, 31st July 2023We chanced on this place whilst looking for somewhere for dinner near to where we were staying. A friendly welcome, beautifully decorated throughout we were given a table in the orangerie which had a... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free parking.
- Groups Accepted
- Pets accepted
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Thursday||07:00||- 00:00|
|Friday - Saturday||07:00||- 01:00|
|Bank Holiday||07:00||- 00:00|
* Open 0700-2130 for food and 1130-midnight for drinks (until 1am Friday and Saturday evening)