**We are currently open for outside food and drink on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.** The award winning food reflects seasonal and local ingredients and can be enjoyed in either the charming Oak Panelled restaurant or more informally in the characterful bar. There is also an excellent selection of wines from around the world as well as local real ales.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Hotel Guide 2020 – Editors Choice 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous Sawday's Best Authentic Pub 2020 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted - Dogs are welcome in the bar when clean and on a lead.
- Real log/coal fires
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Thursday||07:00||- 23:00|
|Bank Holiday||08:00||- 23:00|
* Dinner 19:30-21:00, bar lunch 12:00-14:30; bar supper 19:00-21:30. Sunday lunch 12:00-14:00.
Map & Directions
6 miles north-west of Barnard Castle on B6277 towards Middleton in Teesdale.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest rail station at Darlington and airport at Durham Tees Valley. On bus route from Barnard Castle to Middleton in Teesdale.