This charming 18thC coaching inn is located in the picturesque dales village of Romaldkirk and stands next to the Saxon Church known as the 'Cathedral of the Dales'.
There are 14 individually designed bedrooms that combine comfort and style, a delightfully cosy bar with an open fireplace and a comfortable resident's lounge in which to relax.
Dinner can be enjoyed in the oak panelled restaurant with lunches and suppers available in the bar.
The surrounding area offers beautiful countryside with excellent walking routes as well as attractions such as High Force (England's highest waterfall), the market town of Barnard Castle famous for its antique shops and the unique Bowes Museum. This family owned inn offers the highest standards of good old-fashioned hospitality.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Standard double/twin en suite||£115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite||£180.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double/twin en suite||£140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Bronze 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Sawdays Hotel Award 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Hotel Guide 2020 – Editors Choice 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous Sawday's Best Authentic Pub 2020 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - At front and rear of inn free of charge. Twenty four parking spots available.
- Pets accepted - Dogs welcome - no charge.
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists - Excellent cycling countryside. Secure storage of bicycles provided.
- Special provisions for walkers - Pennine Way is very close. Extensive walking in the Dale, either in river valley or fells. The Teesdale Way passes through the village.
- Walkers Welcome
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Closed - Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
Map & Directions
Six miles north west of Barnard Castle on the B6277.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 20 miles. Follow road directions