AboutWe are a pub renowned in Wolsingham and the surrounding areas for our food and drink, our historical place within the community and our stunning interior and exterior aesthetics. We are perfect for meals with family, a drink with friends or a quiet pint with a newspaper.
The Bay Horse Hotel is an excellent base when visiting the beautiful area of Weardale. To the west of the town the lovely scenery of the Durham Dales forms part of one of England’s largest areas of outstanding natural beauty the North Pennines 30 minutes to the east and many exciting tourist sites and shopping centres including the MetroCentre and the historic city of Durham with its castle, cathedral and delightful river pathways.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- George BTrip Type:CouplesGood value food.Thursday, 12th July 2018Had a lovely early evening meal at this restaurant.We both had gammon steak with chips and mixed veg.,peas,swede,red cabbage and broccoli.The barmaid was very pleasant.The only reason I didn't give... Read full review
- jamiepartyo2013Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomLovely foodFriday, 26th October 2018I Had hunters chicken from the menu my girlfriend had the bay burger the food is excellent here also pet freindly sat next to nice warm fire on a autumn night ! Read full review
- C8430VSmichaelhWolsingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCracking nightSaturday, 20th April 2019Booked a table for my wife and I to have a child free meal, food was beautiful good size portions and really flavoursome, we had a few drinks afterwards in the bar and was made to feel really... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed Monday between 1 Nov and 31 Mar.