Here at The Duke we take pride in our food and love nothing more than to see our customers enjoying what we have to offer.
Our chefs cook your dishes to order, and where possible, we use locally sourced ingredients because we know that you'll taste the difference.
Food is available from 12 noon until late evening and we don't stop serving in the afternoon for those of you that wish for late lunches or an early dinner!
Couples, groups and families are all welcome; we have a mini menu for the little ones and believe our Sunday Carvery to be the best around. If you are around during the daytimes we have our set menu Monday to Saturday where 2 courses are just £10.95.
On the drinks front we have a new wine menu where the lead in wines are far better than most house wines but at the same great value, whilst we’ve also introduced some fantastic top end wines for those special occasions. Along with great lagers and smooth we’ve also introduced Black Sheep Best Bitter, renowned as one of the greatest bitters the area has to offer.
We are open for your custom 7 days a week ALL DAY, EVERYDAY! Whether it's a morning coffee, food throughout the day or drinks any time your always welcome.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2 Course Meal||£10.95 fixed price menu|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good99
- 354gavinsNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySunday dinerSunday, 2nd February 2020Tried the Sunday diner here was pretty good service was quick and the price fair. The area we sat in was a bit canteen like but we were just going to eat and go I never went in the main bar area. Read full review
- Peterandhelenplus6Middlesbrough, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFirst class!Saturday, 7th March 2020Visited here with daughter and dog, lovely open fires, friendly welcoming staff and fantastic variety and quality of food - a far cry from traditional “ pub grub” Food was freshly prepared... Read full review
- LandHouseYou can't go wrong when there are locals chatting around the barWednesday, 18th March 2020Called in for a meal 5.30pm on Tuesday night. Ordered the sirloin with extra king prawns and chips with a bottle of shiraz. Better half had the Duke's chicken. Both meals promptly served and... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 23:00|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 23:00|