Offering: A Collection Service (Order by Facebook or Telephone)
Here at The Duke we take pride in our food and love nothing more than to see our customers enjoying what we have to offer.
Our chefs cook your dishes to order, and where possible, we use locally sourced ingredients because we know that you'll taste the difference.
Food is available from 12 noon until late evening and we don't stop serving in the afternoon for those of you that wish for late lunches or an early dinner!
Couples, groups and families are all welcome; we have a mini menu for the little ones and believe our Sunday Carvery to be the best around. If you are around during the daytimes we have our set menu Monday to Saturday where 2 courses are just £10.95.
On the drinks front we have a new wine menu where the lead in wines are far better than most house wines but at the same great value, whilst we’ve also introduced some fantastic top end wines for those special occasions. Along with great lagers and smooth we’ve also introduced Black Sheep Best Bitter, renowned as one of the greatest bitters the area has to offer.
We are open for your custom 7 days a week ALL DAY, EVERYDAY! Whether it's a morning coffee, food throughout the day or drinks any time your always welcome.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2 Course Meal||£10.95 fixed price menu|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good106
- PaulW383Durham, United KingdomA great family experienceSaturday, 14th October 2023We have just returned from an excellent afternoon at the Duke of York. The occasion was my mother's 80th birthday and we had circa 30 guests - family and friends - there for the afternoon in a... Read full review
- Wendy CTrip Type:CouplesMake sure you stop when passing on the A68 at Fir TreeSunday, 22nd October 2023We stopped for an unplanned lunch on the way to North Yorkshire… the outside looked appealing so a quick turn around back, we found a warm welcoming pub serving great food at a very reasonable price... Read full review
- southerngeordie2021Cornwall, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA little gem of a pubMonday, 20th November 2023We came across The Duke of York whilst staying the night at a near by air bnb. Prior to making our way home South from a few days break in my real home the Northeast . The food was amazing we can... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 23:00|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 23:00|