Clarendon's is a traditional Tearoom with a contemporary twist. Local produce is always on the menu and all cuisine is freshly prepared, home-made and delicious!
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good81
- josied2013Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelDay visit to Bd CastleTuesday, 15th January 2019Monday I drove to Barnard Castle for a talk on history at St Mary’s Church and decided to call for lunch at Clarendon’s cafe, this used to be the Market Place Teashop and has undergone massive... Read full review
- David NDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayClarendon’s - A Nice Place to Eat!Wednesday, 16th January 2019We were out on New Eve’s afternoon shopping in Barnard Castle with friends and decided to have a snack here. We had tea and scones and it was lovely. The service was first class. It’s a nice place to... Read full review
- paul dNewark-on-Trent, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely Tea Shop / CafeTuesday, 22nd January 2019Visited twice in a 3 day visit. We come from Newark on Trent which has more good cafes (and restaurants) than you can shake a couple of sticks at. Clarendon's had great breakfast and green teas and... Read full review
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Friday||08:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
* Closed Sundays.