AboutWalworth Castle Hotel is located within a short drive from the A1(M) jct 58. Set in 18 acres of lawns and woodlands. It is the ideal venue to relax and unwind. Various rooms are on offer, from accommodation in our well decorated west wing rooms to our very luxurious four poster tower suites with double spa baths.
Walks are available in our very own woodland overlooking the wild fowl lake. It really is a good location to visit the region.
Durham, Darlington and the Lake District are within driving distances and Walworth Castle is an excellent location for visiting York and Scotland.
Being privately owned, all the management and staff at the hotel are very much aware of looking after the customers needs and exceeding their expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming guests to our hotel.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 23rd May 2022
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 24th May 2022
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£92.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family with Private Bathroom||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite 4-poster||£190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with Private Bathroom||£112.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good337
- Ontarian2022Walworth Castle: Keep This Gem To Yourselves!Friday, 6th May 2022A genuine English cadtle country residence set in around 18 acres grounds in open countryside about 15 minutes drive outside Darlington. Imagine any branded motel/hotel you have stayed in before, and... Read full review
- Ann HYork, United KingdomTop rate stayWednesday, 11th May 2022We treated ourselves to a night in this 12th century castle hotel with lots of original features and lots more besides. We stayed in the annex and the room was small but great for what we needed at a... Read full review
- staceyleanne2022Stockton-on-Tees, United KingdomFabulous everything was amazing especially the foodMonday, 16th May 2022We said we’d go against just for the evening meal, food was amazing both evening meal and breakfast, rooms very clean and staff very friendly the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Price... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We encourage staff to turn lights off when not in use. Encourage customers staying more than one night to reuse bedding, towels.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Foreign visitors, especially Americans who would love to stay in a castle.
- Special provisions for cyclists - The hotel is in the countryside, ideal for cyclists, long winding roads.
- Special provisions for walkers - Many countryside walks available.
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Jan 2023)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) junction 58
Exit at jct 58, follow A68 towards Corbridge. At The Dog pub turn left and follow the road. Castle is on the left after a couple of miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 3 miles. Either take a taxi from the centre of Darlington or there is a bus route which stops outside the castle gates.