AboutWalworth Castle Hotel is located within a short drive from the A1(M) jct 58. Set in 18 acres of lawns and woodlands. It is the ideal venue to relax and unwind. Various rooms are on offer, from accommodation in our well decorated west wing rooms to our very luxurious four poster tower suites with double spa baths.
Walks are available in our very own woodland overlooking the wild fowl lake. It really is a good location to visit the region.
Durham, Darlington and the Lake District are within driving distances and Walworth Castle is an excellent location for visiting York and Scotland.
Being privately owned, all the management and staff at the hotel are very much aware of looking after the customers needs and exceeding their expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming guests to our hotel.
- Arrival Date:
- Sat , 3rd Dec 2022
- Departure Date:
- Sun , 4th Dec 2022
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£92.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family with Private Bathroom||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite 4-poster||£190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with Private Bathroom||£112.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good344
- PamW386Essex,UKTrip Type:CouplesSECOND VISITThursday, 3rd November 2022We brought 48 people on our first visit and were so well looked after, that we came again as a couple, and were just as pleased as we were the first time. The evening meal was really very nice... Read full review
- CorrinPEnglandTrip Type:CouplesLovely staySunday, 27th November 2022The place was beautiful and secluded. The staff are super friendly and go out of their way to accommodate you. Great venue in the summer for outdoor seating. Would love to know if any walks nearby... Read full review
- Helen33andMichaelTrip Type:Family60th birthday celebration mealThursday, 1st December 2022Took family for a celebratory meal to the restaurant,60th birthday for twins!There was a murder mystery evening on in the function room on the same night but the restaurant still accommodated our... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We encourage staff to turn lights off when not in use. Encourage customers staying more than one night to reuse bedding, towels.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Foreign visitors, especially Americans who would love to stay in a castle.
- Special provisions for cyclists - The hotel is in the countryside, ideal for cyclists, long winding roads.
- Special provisions for walkers - Many countryside walks available.
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Jan 2023)|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) junction 58
Exit at jct 58, follow A68 towards Corbridge. At The Dog pub turn left and follow the road. Castle is on the left after a couple of miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 3 miles. Either take a taxi from the centre of Darlington or there is a bus route which stops outside the castle gates.