AboutWalworth Castle Hotel is located within a short drive from the A1(M) jct 58. Set in 18 acres of lawns and woodlands. It is the ideal venue to relax and unwind. Various rooms are on offer, from accommodation in our well decorated west wing rooms to our very luxurious four poster tower suites with double spa baths.
Walks are available in our very own woodland overlooking the wild fowl lake. It really is a good location to visit the region.
Durham, Darlington and the Lake District are within driving distances and Walworth Castle is an excellent location for visiting York and Scotland.
Being privately owned, all the management and staff at the hotel are very much aware of looking after the customers needs and exceeding their expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming guests to our hotel.
- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 27th Aug 2019
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 28th Aug 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£92.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family with Private Bathroom||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite 4-poster||£190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with Private Bathroom||£112.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good304
- carlhO9605FCRedditch, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessGreat friendly hotelFriday, 23rd August 2019I stay here regularly and every time the service and attention is excellent. The resteraunt has an excellent chef and the staff take good care of you and are professional and helpful. Rooms are very... Read full review
- Road272219Trip Type:Friends getawayStayed here for KynrenSunday, 25th August 2019Stayed 1 night so we could attend Kynren. About 20 mins from the site and set in beautiful countryside. Staff really friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again. There was a wedding on the... Read full review
- emteexNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely Grounds, Bad RoomSunday, 25th August 2019We arrived on a saturday afternoon, there was a wedding on which the hotel informed us a few days before, we didn’t mind as they were in the garden area. Check-in was quick and efficient, we were... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We encourage staff to turn lights off when not in use. Encourage customers staying more than one night to reuse bedding, towels.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Foreign visitors, especially Americans who would love to stay in a castle.
- Special provisions for cyclists - The hotel is in the countryside, ideal for cyclists, long winding roads.
- Special provisions for walkers - Many countryside walks available.
- Walkers Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) junction 58
Exit at jct 58, follow A68 towards Corbridge. At The Dog pub turn left and follow the road. Castle is on the left after a couple of miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 3 miles. Either take a taxi from the centre of Darlington or there is a bus route which stops outside the castle gates.