AboutWalworth Castle Hotel is located within a short drive from the A1(M) jct 58. Set in 18 acres of lawns and woodlands. It is the ideal venue to relax and unwind. Various rooms are on offer, from accommodation in our well decorated west wing rooms to our very luxurious four poster tower suites with double spa baths.
Walks are available in our very own woodland overlooking the wild fowl lake. It really is a good location to visit the region.
Durham, Darlington and the Lake District are within driving distances and Walworth Castle is an excellent location for visiting York and Scotland.
Being privately owned, all the management and staff at the hotel are very much aware of looking after the customers needs and exceeding their expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming guests to our hotel.
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 10th Dec 2023
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 11th Dec 2023
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£92.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family with Private Bathroom||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite 4-poster||£190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with Private Bathroom||£112.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good362
- Tourist59999533223Kent, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesThe best stay I’ve ever had, from a self confessed Karen!Tuesday, 21st November 2023We stayed for one night on the 18th of November for our one year anniversary, we originally booked a double room in the west wing, for £89 it was a bargain, however I am self confessed Karen and I... Read full review
- YorkTraveller1962York, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessYes for Leisure, Probably No for Business…..Thursday, 23rd November 2023Stayed at the Hotel this week. On arrival there was a blackout across the whole area - including the Hotel. This left them with emergency lighting in the public areas only, no WiFi, no cooking... Read full review
- DebraT837Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWinter Warmer TreatSunday, 3rd December 2023Absolutely perfect treat, back where we had our wedding reception just over 26 years ago. The snow made the setting even more magical, yet the castle was cosy and welcoming. We paid extra to upgrade... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We encourage staff to turn lights off when not in use. Encourage customers staying more than one night to reuse bedding, towels.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Foreign visitors, especially Americans who would love to stay in a castle.
- Special provisions for cyclists - The hotel is in the countryside, ideal for cyclists, long winding roads.
- Special provisions for walkers - Many countryside walks available.
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) junction 58
Exit at jct 58, follow A68 towards Corbridge. At The Dog pub turn left and follow the road. Castle is on the left after a couple of miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 3 miles. Either take a taxi from the centre of Darlington or there is a bus route which stops outside the castle gates.