AboutWalworth Castle Hotel is located within a short drive from the A1(M) jct 58. Set in 18 acres of lawns and woodlands. It is the ideal venue to relax and unwind. Various rooms are on offer, from accommodation in our well decorated west wing rooms to our very luxurious four poster tower suites with double spa baths.
Walks are available in our very own woodland overlooking the wild fowl lake. It really is a good location to visit the region.
Durham, Darlington and the Lake District are within driving distances and Walworth Castle is an excellent location for visiting York and Scotland.
Being privately owned, all the management and staff at the hotel are very much aware of looking after the customers needs and exceeding their expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming guests to our hotel.
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 2nd Dec 2020
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 3rd Dec 2020
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£92.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family with Private Bathroom||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite 4-poster||£190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with Private Bathroom||£112.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good316
- Emmalv842Trip Type:CouplesLovely first visitSunday, 1st November 2020Booked last minute yesterday, felt very welcome on check in. Lovely little place, perfect for a nice relaxing break Evening meal was delicious, breakfast was very nice Room was in the annex... Read full review
- RichardL232Bishop Auckland, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous experienceWednesday, 4th November 2020My wife and I booked a one night stay at Walworth Castle as a little treat for missing other holiday getaways due to Covid 19. Checking in was very well organised and efficient. Big shout out for... Read full review
- michaelV4905TCTrip Type:BusinessNo thank youSunday, 29th November 2020Not enough heat in the bedroom, quilt on the single bed not big enough to cover your body. Paid extra to have breakfast but got nothing. You advertise the restaurant is shut but why be asked to pay... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We encourage staff to turn lights off when not in use. Encourage customers staying more than one night to reuse bedding, towels.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Foreign visitors, especially Americans who would love to stay in a castle.
- Special provisions for cyclists - The hotel is in the countryside, ideal for cyclists, long winding roads.
- Special provisions for walkers - Many countryside walks available.
- Walkers Welcome
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Jan 2021)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) junction 58
Exit at jct 58, follow A68 towards Corbridge. At The Dog pub turn left and follow the road. Castle is on the left after a couple of miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 3 miles. Either take a taxi from the centre of Darlington or there is a bus route which stops outside the castle gates.