AboutWalworth Castle Hotel is located within a short drive from the A1(M) jct 58. Set in 18 acres of lawns and woodlands. It is the ideal venue to relax and unwind. Various rooms are on offer, from accommodation in our well decorated west wing rooms to our very luxurious four poster tower suites with double spa baths.
Walks are available in our very own woodland overlooking the wild fowl lake. It really is a good location to visit the region.
Durham, Darlington and the Lake District are within driving distances and Walworth Castle is an excellent location for visiting York and Scotland.
Being privately owned, all the management and staff at the hotel are very much aware of looking after the customers needs and exceeding their expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming guests to our hotel.
- Arrival Date:
- Sat , 20th Apr 2019
- Departure Date:
- Sun , 21st Apr 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£92.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family with Private Bathroom||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite 4-poster||£190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with Private Bathroom||£112.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good292
- von582015Staymonth=8Trip Type:CouplesGreat suite!Tuesday, 9th April 2019My husband booked a short stay in a suite - totally gorgeous! Massive room, four poster bed, a bathroom bigger than some hotel rooms, lovely grey decor with yellow accents, and soooo much character... Read full review
- John CToo cold in the winterSaturday, 13th April 2019This is a very unusual hotel and very interesting, we went at the wrong time of year, its too expensive to heat in the winter. The staff were great and the room was nice and tiny, but still too cold... Read full review
- Andrew MDoncaster, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesHidden GemWednesday, 17th April 2019Lovely castle hotel in beautiful grounds just 10 minutes from A1 and Darlington. We upgraded to a superior double and werent dissapointed with our large room and four-poster bed. Good and quality... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We encourage staff to turn lights off when not in use. Encourage customers staying more than one night to reuse bedding, towels.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Foreign visitors, especially Americans who would love to stay in a castle.
- Special provisions for cyclists - The hotel is in the countryside, ideal for cyclists, long winding roads.
- Special provisions for walkers - Many countryside walks available.
- Walkers Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) junction 58
Exit at jct 58, follow A68 towards Corbridge. At The Dog pub turn left and follow the road. Castle is on the left after a couple of miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 3 miles. Either take a taxi from the centre of Darlington or there is a bus route which stops outside the castle gates.