AboutWalworth Castle Hotel is located within a short drive from the A1(M) jct 58. Set in 18 acres of lawns and woodlands. It is the ideal venue to relax and unwind. Various rooms are on offer, from accommodation in our well decorated west wing rooms to our very luxurious four poster tower suites with double spa baths.
Walks are available in our very own woodland overlooking the wild fowl lake. It really is a good location to visit the region.
Durham, Darlington and the Lake District are within driving distances and Walworth Castle is an excellent location for visiting York and Scotland.
Being privately owned, all the management and staff at the hotel are very much aware of looking after the customers needs and exceeding their expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming guests to our hotel.
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 22nd Feb 2019
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 23rd Feb 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£92.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family with Private Bathroom||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite 4-poster||£190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with Private Bathroom||£112.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good289
- Ama4219Denver, ColoradoTrip Type:BusinessFriendly staff and great breakfastFriday, 15th February 2019Castle converted to a hotel, built in 1189. Stayed at the annex, not in the castle. The lighting in the room is on the darker side, maybe for the ambiance. The floors in the castle creaked, not in... Read full review
- themajoroakYork, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent Room, very friendly staffWednesday, 20th February 2019We were looking for a winter hideaway and Walworth Castle was just prefect. We stayed in a suite in one of the Tudor towers which was fabulous. Four poster bed, double spa bath, enormous sitting room... Read full review
- WayayelikeBucharest, RomaniaTrip Type:FamilyAn enchanting luxury stay in County DurhamWednesday, 20th February 2019We've had a lovely time at the castle, stayed in the Baron room which was big enough for a family of 4 (which includes a baby). Had dinner and breakfast in the newly refurbished Farmers restaurant... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We encourage staff to turn lights off when not in use. Encourage customers staying more than one night to reuse bedding, towels.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Foreign visitors, especially Americans who would love to stay in a castle.
- Special provisions for cyclists - The hotel is in the countryside, ideal for cyclists, long winding roads.
- Special provisions for walkers - Many countryside walks available.
- Walkers Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) junction 58
Exit at jct 58, follow A68 towards Corbridge. At The Dog pub turn left and follow the road. Castle is on the left after a couple of miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 3 miles. Either take a taxi from the centre of Darlington or there is a bus route which stops outside the castle gates.