The King’s Head Inn in the picture-postcard village of Newton under Roseberry is your gateway to Captain Cook Country, North York Moors National Park and the Cleveland Way.
In the shadow of Roseberry Topping's distinctive peak, this quintessential country inn with rooms is surrounded by Captain Cook Country, North York Moors National Park and the Cleveland Way.
Yorkshire’s seaside gems of Staithes, Whitby and Scarborough are within easy reach, while the inn is just a short drive from Redcar, Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley.
NEW: Walk-Inn Breaks
Love walking? Book onto our brand new Walk-Inn Break and discover the North’s beauty with ease. Join us for a two-night bed and breakfast break, with dinner on the first night, and enjoy a welcoming pint on arrival! We’ll supply a delicious packed lunch to take with you each day, along with a waterproofed O/S walking pack, containing a range of classic walks of various lengths and abilities. Book direct here to claim this offer.
If you’re looking for bedrooms in North Yorkshire then The King’s Head Inn offers bed and breakfast accommodation that’s more characterful and a great alternative to traditional hotel stays and more service than simply self-catering.
A popular spot for walkers and cyclists, you don’t have to have scaled the ‘Topping’ to deserve a well-earned glass of Yorkshire’s finest and the chance to enjoy The King’s Head Inn’s superb home-cooked food served until 9pm each day.
Relax in The King's Head Inn's sunny beer garden surrounded by colourful floral displays.
Open all day, every day
Home cooked food served until 9.00pm
Great selection of local ales
Walkers, cyclists welcome
Pets welcome (pet supplement of £7.50 applies)
Free Wi-Fi (accessible in public areas)
Complimentary breakfast with room bookings
Free onsite parking
Stay at The King’s Head Inn to explore:
North York Moors National Park
Tour de Yorkshire routes
Guisborough Forest & Walkway
Captain Cook Country and Great Ayton
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double||£99.95 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin||£99.95 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family for 3||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good76
- LUSHFOONewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely lunchSaturday, 14th August 2021Just had a lovely lunch here with family the food was really nice the staff were lovely very helpful the price is reasonable would recommend to all my family and friends we will definitely be back... Read full review
- NickDaviesYorkYorkTrip Type:CouplesHale and hearty food with a welcome for our furry friendsWednesday, 22nd September 2021We were looking for a short notice dog friendly so we could walk the Cleveland hills and Roseberry Topping, and when we cam across the Kings Head it seemed to tick all the boxes. We have a large and... Read full review
- ttommatt06Trip Type:CouplesHighly recommend! Great food and atmosphere.Monday, 27th September 2021We stumbled in after a hike up and around Roseberry Topping. We felt completely under-dressed for dinner after our walk, maybe even a bit scruffy! But one of the lads rushed out from behind the bar... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|