This delightful Grade II Listed building has been tastefully restored to provide spacious, high quality accommodation full of charm and character. Cosy up in front of the log burner in the open plan sitting/dining area which adjoins the fully equipped kitchen. The wooden staircase leads to a spacious mezzanine bedroom with super king or twin beds from which you can enjoy uninterrupted views of the surrounding Teesdale countryside. The ground floor bathroom has a double ended bath with overhead shower and soft, fluffy bathrobes for ultimate relaxation after a busy day sightseeing. The Hayloft has its own private garden with patio area and seating, the perfect place to sit back and unwind while listening to birdsong and enjoying your morning coffee. Make the most of the daytime and evening sun in the communal cottage garden with its beautifully stocked borders; have a barbecue on the patio overlooking Goose Pond; or why not head down to the summerhouse by the pond to enjoy a good book and glass of wine?
We are located in lower Teesdale on the Durham / North Yorkshire border, between Piercebridge and Gainford, near Darlington. Within one mile the villages of Piercebridge and Gainford provide friendly local services including newsagents, general stores, cafe, post office, hairdresser, ‘Chippie’, organic farm shop and cafe, Doctors surgery and three churches. There are also some local country pubs and quality restaurants within walking distance.
Spectacular waterfalls, sweeping moorlands, magnificent castles and ancient market towns are all to be found in Teesdale. Nearby bridleways, footpaths, riverside walks, golf and fishing provide ample entertainment and opportunity to explore the countryside. For a more active way of spending a lovely day, there is the nearby Headlam Hall Golf Course & Spa, which offers a challenging and picturesque 9-hole course and a luxurious spa for anyone wanting to relax and unwind.
We are close to local attractions such as Durham Cathedral, Beamish Museum, Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle, the Yorkshire Dales, High Force, and Teesdale. With the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, East Coast and cities of Durham, Newcastle and York all within easy driving distance, this is an ideal base from which to visit the sights of North East England.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Hayloft||from £385.00 to £520.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Ray HDouglas, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWe are planning on coming back!Thursday, 13th September 2018The location excellent, easy and quick access to everything. We stayed in the Stable and is was a home from home. Spacious, quiet, all amenities and, important for me, perfectly accessible, the... Read full review
- X1411GTnicksFlaine, FranceTrip Type:FamilyA wonderful weekend in a superb location......will certainly stay again!Wednesday, 6th February 2019We spent a long weekend in The Stable, absolutely perfect for 4 of us together with our black labrador. The cottage was just right for our 3 night stay, quiet and surrounded by wonderful views. The... Read full review
- AmandaScotlandArgyll and Bute, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent dog friendly propertyMonday, 15th April 2019Stayed in the Hayloft with our dog. Walked into Gainford and along the river direct from the cottage. 10/15 mins from Barnard Castle shops, weekly market and restaurants. Village shop and post... Read full review
- Access Statement
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Childrens Play Area
- Children's videos/DVDs Available
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 6 Uncovered
- Midweek breaks
- Weekend breaks
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted - Up to two dogs are welcome. Dogs are an additional £20 each.
- In countryside
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Bookable Product Facilities: The Hayloft
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Colour Television
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- Ironing Facilities
- Modem Point - Wi-Fi
- Non smoking units available
- Real log/coal fires
- Washing Machine
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 28 Feb 2022)|
* Open all year
Map & Directions
East Greystone Farm stands off the A67, six miles West of Darlington between Piercebridge and Gainford in County Durham. From A1(M): Leave the A1(M) at Junction 56, follow the B6275 to Piercebridge. After 5.3 miles turn left at T junction opposite The Fox Hole Public House. Turn left again onto the A67 to Barnard Castle. East Greystone Farm is situated 1 mile along the A67 and is the second farm on the right. There is a white sign and two black and white bollards at the entrance.
Public Transport Directions
By Rail: Darlington train station is on the East Coast Main Line and is 6 miles from East Greystone Farm Cottages. By Bus: Bus route 75 or 76 from Darlington to Barnard Castle leaves every 30 minutes and stops at the end of farm drive. Ask for stop at Snow Hall. Would be willing to collect from station.