Book direct through our website and get the best rates for your stay https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/
This highly praised bungalow is well equipped, has ample private parking and is in an excellent location for those wishing to explore the variety of sights, activities and cultural events the area has to offer. On the cusp of Durham and Tyne & Wear it is equidistant between Durham, Sunderland and Newcastle.
Set in a peaceful location, the bungalow can accommodate 4 + 1 guests by way of a master bedroom with a king size bed, a guest bedroom with a double bed, and a fold away bed for a fifth guest (available on request). It has a spacious comfortably furnished lounge, a large well equipped modern kitchen diner, and a modern bathroom with separate bath and shower cubicle. The kitchen opens onto a south facing patio and an enclosed sheltered garden for those relaxing moments. The bungalow is very comfortably furnished throughout and boasts high speed wifi.
The bungalow is set in a quiet small residential area on the edge of Shiney Row, a hamlet in Houghton-le-Spring parish. It lies within strolling distance of the village amenities (9 minutes), and Penshaw Monument (20 minutes). Historic Washington Village is 5 minutes away by car. There are plenty of rural and riverside walks and a number of country pubs within a short distance of the property.
The NE has so much to offer, great shopping, sporting attractions, restaurants, nightlife, nature and of course a wealth of history. The Briar Rose is an excellent location to make the most of the variety on offer. Follow us on our Facebook page which is updated with up-to-date activities and events ongoing in the region
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Briar Rose||£379.00 per unit per week|
*Minimum stay 2 nights, Discounted rates for longer term bookings.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- janetmV3507QObeautiful bungalow which was exceptionally clean and well furnishedTuesday, 18th August 2020Great location for mum and I to visit the county, easy to get to Durham and the coast including some lovely days spent at South Shields, Tynemouth and Whitley Bay. Lovely to have a proper home to... Read full review
- Pat EExcellent Comfortable Bungalow!Monday, 24th August 2020We stayed from 16th to 23rd August...and very much enjoyed our visit. The Bungalow is above and beyond regarding cleanliness and comfort, with everything you need. Lots to do and places to visit. We... Read full review
- Angela1403Amazing place to staySunday, 8th November 2020The bungalow was a great place to stay. It was warm and had everything and more that any guest would need. The little extra additions, like milk, bread, butter biscuits, cereal was very generous. It... Read full review
- Access Statement - See Access Statement attached below https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Access-Statement-The-Briar-Rose.pdf
Bookable Product Facilities
- Daily Servicing of Unit (minimum 5 days per week) - A weekly service is included in the price for long stying guests. Daily or periodic servicing can be arranged if requested. This will incur an additional cost.
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's videos/DVDs Available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Daily rates available - The minimum stay is 2 nights. See our website for up-to-date charges. https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/prices/
- Midweek breaks - The minimum stay is 2 nights. See our website for up-to-date charges. https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/prices/
- Weekend breaks - The minimum stay is 2 nights. See our website for up-to-date charges. https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/prices/
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen provided
- Film or TV location - There are 3 TVs in the property and 1 DVD player. A selection of DVDs are available.
- In countryside - The Briar Rose is set in a rural location with good walking routes nearby.
- WiFi Available - Fast Broadband & Wifi included in the price.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists - Cycles can be securely left securely at the rear of the property, behind a locked gate.
- Walkers Welcome - There are a number of walks near the property. A walkers map is located at the property for guests reference and planning.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* The Briar Rose is available for holiday and short breaks and short term lets throughout the year.
Map & Directions
With the A1 just 4 minutes drive to the west and the A19 just 5 minutes to the east, getting around the region by car is quick and easy.
For detailed times and distances to major places in the area click on this link.
20 minutes (8 miles) drive to Roker & Seaburn Beach’s
22 minutes (13 miles) drive to South Shields
23 minutes (13 miles) drive to Newcastle City Center
Public Transport Directions
Bus stops nearby offer services to Chester-le-Street, Houghton-le-Spring, Beamish, Consett, Sunderland, Washington, Gateshead and Newcastle. The Sunderland bus stops outside the Sunderland Royal Hospital and Sunderland University on its way to the central bus station. From this point the Metro can be taken to Tyneside, Newcastle and Newcastle airport.