Book direct through our website and get the best rates for your stay https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/
This highly praised bungalow is well equipped, has ample private parking and is in an excellent location for those wishing to explore the variety of sights, activities and cultural events the area has to offer. On the cusp of Durham and Tyne & Wear it is equidistant between Durham, Sunderland and Newcastle.
Set in a peaceful location, the bungalow can accommodate 4 + 1 guests by way of a master bedroom with a king size bed, a guest bedroom with a double bed, and a fold away bed for a fifth guest (available on request). It has a spacious comfortably furnished lounge, a large well equipped modern kitchen diner, and a modern bathroom with separate bath and shower cubicle. The kitchen opens onto a south facing patio and an enclosed sheltered garden for those relaxing moments. The bungalow is very comfortably furnished throughout and boasts high speed wifi.
The bungalow is set in a quiet small residential area on the edge of Shiney Row, a hamlet in Houghton-le-Spring parish. It lies within strolling distance of the village amenities (9 minutes), and Penshaw Monument (20 minutes). Historic Washington Village is 5 minutes away by car. There are plenty of rural and riverside walks and a number of country pubs within a short distance of the property.
The NE has so much to offer, great shopping, sporting attractions, restaurants, nightlife, nature and of course a wealth of history. The Briar Rose is an excellent location to make the most of the variety on offer. Follow us on our Facebook page which is updated with up-to-date activities and events ongoing in the region
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Briar Rose||£379.00 per unit per week|
*Minimum stay 2 nights, Discounted rates for longer term bookings.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good3
- lorryh156Visiting familyMonday, 9th December 2019Had a lovely stay . Was very clean and very well equiped. Beds were lovely and comfy. Great as we could get up and have breakfast when we wanted without having to keep to hotel times. We loved it and... Read full review
- PierreP2392Home away from homeMonday, 9th December 2019The most thoughtful and accommodating Landlord with spotless premises with two TV sets and lots of channels to choose from. The fridge is well stocked, at no charge, as is the pantry and lots of soap... Read full review
- Alison5562Stonehaven, United KingdomGreat place to stayMonday, 9th December 2019Spotlessly clean, really comfortable, very well equipped, and in a great location for visiting Sunderland, Newcastle and Durham. Highly recommended. Read full review
- Access Statement - See Access Statement attached below https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Access-Statement-The-Briar-Rose.pdf
Bookable Product Facilities
- Daily Servicing of Unit (minimum 5 days per week) - A weekly service is included in the price for long stying guests. Daily or periodic servicing can be arranged if requested. This will incur an additional cost.
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's videos/DVDs Available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Daily rates available - The minimum stay is 2 nights. See our website for up-to-date charges. https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/prices/
- Midweek breaks - The minimum stay is 2 nights. See our website for up-to-date charges. https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/prices/
- Weekend breaks - The minimum stay is 2 nights. See our website for up-to-date charges. https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/prices/
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen provided
- Film or TV location - There are 3 TVs in the property and 1 DVD player. A selection of DVDs are available.
- In countryside - The Briar Rose is set in a rural location with good walking routes nearby.
- WiFi Available - Fast Broadband & Wifi included in the price.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists - Cycles can be securely left securely at the rear of the property, behind a locked gate.
- Walkers Welcome - There are a number of walks near the property. A walkers map is located at the property for guests reference and planning.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* The Briar Rose is available for holiday and short breaks and short term lets throughout the year.
Map & Directions
With the A1 just 4 minutes drive to the west and the A19 just 5 minutes to the east, getting around the region by car is quick and easy.
For detailed times and distances to major places in the area click on this link.
20 minutes (8 miles) drive to Roker & Seaburn Beach’s
22 minutes (13 miles) drive to South Shields
23 minutes (13 miles) drive to Newcastle City Center
Public Transport Directions
Bus stops nearby offer services to Chester-le-Street, Houghton-le-Spring, Beamish, Consett, Sunderland, Washington, Gateshead and Newcastle. The Sunderland bus stops outside the Sunderland Royal Hospital and Sunderland University on its way to the central bus station. From this point the Metro can be taken to Tyneside, Newcastle and Newcastle airport.