Book direct through our website and get the best rates for your stay https://www.northeastshorttermlets.co.uk/
This highly praised bungalow is well equiped, has ample private parking and is in an excellent location for those wishing to explore the variety of sights, activities and cultural events the area has to offer. On the cusp of Durham and Tyne & Wear it is equidistant between Durham, Sunderland and Newcastle.
Set in a peaceful location, the bungalow can accommodate 4 + 1 guests by way of a master bedroom with a king size bed, a guest bedroom with a double bed, and a fold away bed for a fith guest (available on request). It has a spacious comfortably furnished lounge, a large well equipped modern kitchen diner, and a modern bathroom with separate bath and shower cubicle. The kitchen opens onto a south facing patio and an enclosed sheltered garden for those relaxing moments. The bungalow is very comfortably furnished throughout and boasts high speed wifi.
The bungalow is set in a quiet small residential area on the edge of Shiney Row, a hamlet in Houghton-le-Spring parish. It lies within strolling distance of the village amenities (9 minutes), and Penshaw Monument (20 minutes). Historic Washington Village is 5 minutes away by car.There are plenty of rural and riverside walks and a number of country pubs within a short distance of the property.
The NE has so much to offer, great shopping, sporting attractions, restaurants, nightlife, nature and of course a wealth of history. The Briar Rose is an excellent location to make the most of the variety on offer. Follow us on our Facebook page which is updated with up-to-date activities and events ongoing in the region
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Briar Rose||from £400.00 to £616.00 per unit per week|
*Minimum stay 2 nights, Discounted rates for longer term bookings.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good2
- BudineSheffieldExcellent rental homeSunday, 30th September 2018The place was very clean and had everything needed for our stay. Cooking facilities were good and lots of condiments etc. had been provided. The beds were comfortable and the sitting room lovely. We... Read full review
- mrsgeordioBuckinghamshireLovely bungalowThursday, 3rd January 2019We stayed for 5 nights over New Year to see family in the area that we couldn't stay with this time. It is a lovely, homely bungalow on a quiet street. It had very comfy beds and the bedrooms had... Read full review
- VIcKy31871Somerset, UKLovely BungalowSaturday, 15th June 2019This was our second stay at Briar Rose and again we found the bungalow lovely and clean and so well equipped with loads of towels and extra bedding & pillows etc. Also there is lots of supplies in... Read full review
- Access Statement - See Access Statement attached below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's videos/DVDs Available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Daily rates available
- Midweek breaks
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen provided
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* The Briar Rose is available for holiday and short breaks and short term lets throughout the year.
Map & Directions
With the A1 just 5 minutes drive to the west and the A19 just 5 minutes to the east, getting around the region by car is quick and easy.
For detailed times and distances to major places in the area click on this link.
20 minutes (8 miles) drive to Roker & Seaburn Beach’s
22 minutes (13 miles) drive to South Shields
23 minutes (13 miles) drive to Newcastle City Center
Public Transport Directions
Bus stops nearby offer services to Chester-le-Street, Houghton-le-Spring, Beamish, Sunderland, Washington, Gateshead and Newcastle. The Sunderland bus stops outside the Sunderland Royal Hospital and Sunderland University on its way to the central bus station. From this point the Metro can be taken to Tyneside, Newcastle and Newcastle airport.