Swallow Nest is a delightful country retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With wooden beams and cosy log burner it combines comfortable, traditional charm with modern facilities such as free, unlimited broadband and Sky TV.
Awarded 4 stars by the English Tourism Council for comfort and facilities and Grade 3 for guests with mobility difficulties it hosts a wealth of comforts to make your stay here more relaxing and enjoyable.
The central heating is guest controlled while all rooms have adjustable radiators for individual requirements.
The cottage boasts one double bedroom and one twin bedded room, both en suite. Both rooms are complemented by beautiful matching linen and furnishings. There is a bath in the twin en suite and a roll-in shower in the double en suite.
The comfortable sitting room has a colour television, DVD player and radio/cd while a lovely view of the surrounding fields can be viewed from the window.
The separate kitchen has a dining area plus full size fridge/freezer, fan assisted oven with grill and electric hob, washing machine and integrated drier.
Guests have their own parking and secure garden with patio furniture and barbecue. Heating, hot water, electricity, towels, linens, telephone rental plus coal and logs for the log burner are all included free of charge.
Wonderful walks on Cockfield Fell (the North East’s largest scheduled ancient monument) are within a 3 minute walk away. Guests can explore the historic Gaunless Valley at its very best from the lowlands of the river to the heathery uplands. Listen to the birds and be at one with nature and heritage in one fell swoop.
In a nutshell. Swallows Nest is the epitome of a quiet and relaxing break away from home. Come and stay with us and experience it for yourself.
View our Access Statement here.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Swallows Nest||£280.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- 3a Accessibility - Mobility
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- kathrynh425Glasgow, United KingdomCosy CottageSunday, 8th March 2020We stayed at Swallow’s Nest cottage for a short break. We were cosy and comfortable (it was freezing outside!) and made to feel very welcome by Alison. The cottage was well-appointed and spotlessly... Read full review
- Derek HRempstone, United KingdomA very comfortable enjoyable stayWednesday, 30th September 2020We visited in September 2020, and spent a very enjoyable and comfortable week at Swallows Nest. With local restrictions being asked for by local authorities Alison telephoned us on the day before... Read full review
- RachCherriExceptional value, comfortable, quiet location, friendly, hospitable ownerSaturday, 9th October 2021This cottage is wonderful. It is very rare to find something this good at this price. You won't be disappointed if you book. The place is clean, comfortable, well equipped and warm. It is located in... Read full review
- NAS MOBILITY
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 100 Uncovered
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|