AboutSwallow Nest is a delightful country retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With wooden beams and cosy log burner it combines comfortable, traditional charm with modern facilities such as free, unlimited broadband and Sky TV.
Awarded 4 stars by the English Tourism Council for comfort and facilities and Grade 3 for guests with mobility difficulties it hosts a wealth of comforts to make your stay here more relaxing and enjoyable.
The central heating is guest controlled while all rooms have adjustable radiators for individual requirements.
The cottage boasts one double bedroom and one twin bedded room, both en suite. Both rooms are complemented by beautiful matching linen and furnishings. There is a bath in the twin en suite and a roll-in shower in the double en suite.
The comfortable sitting room has a colour television, DVD player and radio/cd while a lovely view of the surrounding fields can be viewed from the window.
The separate kitchen has a dining area plus full size fridge/freezer, fan assisted oven with grill and electric hob, washing machine and integrated drier.
Guests have their own parking and secure garden with patio furniture and barbecue. Heating, hot water, electricity, towels, linens, telephone rental plus coal and logs for the log burner are all included free of charge.
Wonderful walks on Cockfield Fell (the North East’s largest scheduled ancient monument) are within a 3 minute walk away. Guests can explore the historic Gaunless Valley at its very best from the lowlands of the river to the heathery uplands. Listen to the birds and be at one with nature and heritage in one fell swoop.
In a nutshell. Swallows Nest is the epitome of a quiet and relaxing break away from home. Come and stay with us and experience it for yourself.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Swallows Nest||£180.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- 3a Accessibility - Mobility
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good2
- Gracie10rosieNorthumberland, United KingdomLOVELY PLACE TO STAYMonday, 4th March 2019This warm and cosy self contained cottage is located on a lovely working farm. It is well equipped, having two en-suite facilities is a real advantage, as is being able to park the car right outside... Read full review
- hamooshVirginia Water, United KingdomNot one to be missed....!!Thursday, 25th April 2019"We feel so blessed to have found this little haven! The twins have had such an amazing time that they are insisting we come back...Wonderful welcome and hospitality, Alison and Keith thank you! Glen... Read full review
- JeannetteR117Peaceful and ideal for my disabled husbandFriday, 26th April 2019Barnard Castle and it's quirky shops.Lovely walks and scenery.Good pubs offering lovely food.something for everyone. Read full review
- NAS MOBILITY
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 100 Uncovered
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
Bookable Product Facilities: Swallows Nest
- Pets Accepted - Maximum 3 small dogs or 2 large dogs.
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|