Shepherd's Huts at Cheesedale
11 Copley Lane
Tel: 07887 676397
Cheesedale is home to award winning artisan cheesemaking couple, Allison and Jonathan, also known as Teesdale Cheesemakers, and their little shop and cheese-centric café: Café Cheesedale.
We are dog friendly - cafe and lodges.
Set in 20 acres, Cheesedale is a smallholding with a range of farm animals that support the couple’s sustainable lifestyle.
The glamping experience is a self catering offer with wood fired hot tubs. There are only two lodges creating an exclusive feel.
The lodges are tucked away over the hill offering: seclusion, peace and quiet, stunning views and access for the agile to our two acre wood and stream, the Gaunless.
The glamping units are off-grid so amenities are limited but offer en-suite facilities, a phone charging point, a cool box fridge and tea and coffee making facilities.
Sit on the veranda and enjoy stunning views, stroll through the woods, take a picnic to enjoy by the river or pop into our café for lunch or a late afternoon meat and cheese platter with a glass of wine. Finally soak in the deep wood fired hot tubs and take in the dark skies.
Breakfast is available at our on-site cafe if you don't wish to cook or you can order a breakfast pack made up of our farm and local produce at time of booking.
Dogs welcome - please add the surcharge at time of booking. Bed linen and towels provided.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Ash||£90.00 per unit per night|
|Holly||£90.00 per unit per night|
*From £90 mid week rising to £130 at the weekend. High season may be higher.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2022
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good1
- jackaj2022Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFirst class staySaturday, 18th March 2023When we arrived we knew by the friendliness of the cafe staff and Jonathan we had made the right decision to stay in a shepherds hut. We first started with a cheese and meat sharing platter that was... Read full review
- HowardRoystonPottsDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely farmhouse lunch.Thursday, 23rd March 2023Lunch was recommended to me by one of the venues suppliers. Their homemade hamburgers were the best I have ever tasted. Friendly staff and great atmosphere. Read full review
- Curiosity16623614506Cheese and glamping experienceSaturday, 25th March 2023Two nights in Ash cabin. Fully met our expectations, Jonathan gave good advice on hot tub. Had a breakfast pack and a cheese/meat platter in the cabin,both excellent. Found out as we left they had... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Non smoking rooms available
- Pets accepted in some units
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cooking facilities for guests use
- Spanish spoken
- Hot Tub
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off site parking
- On site parking
- Additional charge for pets
- Midweek breaks
- Weekend breaks
- Drinking water supply
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted
- Celebrity connection - Featured on: Robson Green Weekend Escapes Farmer Country Showdown Ainsley Harriet's Good Mood Food
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Check website for availability
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
Own car is essential and there is a parking bay next to each lodge.