Cheesedale is home to award winning artisan cheesemaking couple, Allison and Jonathan, also known as Teesdale Cheesemakers, and their little shop and cheese-centric café: Café Cheesedale.
We are dog friendly - cafe and lodges.
Set in 20 acres, Cheesedale is a smallholding with a range of farm animals that support the couple’s sustainable lifestyle.
The glamping experience is a self catering offer with wood fired hot tubs. There are only two lodges creating an exclusive feel.
The lodges are tucked away over the hill offering: seclusion, peace and quiet, stunning views and access for the agile to our two acre wood and stream, the Gaunless.
The glamping units are off-grid so amenities are limited but offer en-suite facilities, a phone charging point, a cool box fridge and tea and coffee making facilities.
Sit on the veranda and enjoy stunning views, stroll through the woods, take a picnic to enjoy by the river or pop into our café for lunch or a late afternoon meat and cheese platter with a glass of wine. Finally soak in the deep wood fired hot tubs and take in the dark skies.
Breakfast is available at our on-site cafe if you don't wish to cook or you can order a breakfast pack made up of our farm and local produce at time of booking.
Dogs welcome - please add the surcharge at time of booking. Bed linen and towels provided.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Ash||£100.00 per unit per night|
|Holly||£100.00 per unit per night|
*From £100 mid week rising to £130 at the weekend. High season may be higher.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East Tourism Awards - Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park of the Year - Gold 2023
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Sian TOswestry, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDefinitely one to return toFriday, 13th October 2023We had a multi sensory experience having stayed in one of the glamping pods, enjoyed Allison’s dairy tour and gorged ourselves on both a charcuterie/cheese platter and two delicious breakfasts. We... Read full review
- Ruth BDundee, United KingdomRomantic breakTuesday, 24th October 2023Hubby and I stayed in one of the glamping huts with our pooch. It's really quiet and romantic - lucky us, we had a perfectly clear sky to watch the stars from our hot tub. The hosts are friendly and... Read full review
- PeaPod4910TeessideTrip Type:FamilyA birthday treat in a delightful place!Monday, 13th November 2023Firstly shout out to Robson Green’s TV programme otherwise we may not have come across this delightful place. Apologies for the delayed review from our stay in August. We received a warm and... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Non smoking rooms available
- Pets accepted in some units
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cooking facilities for guests use
- Spanish spoken
- Hot Tub
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off site parking
- On site parking
- Additional charge for pets
- Midweek breaks
- Weekend breaks
- Drinking water supply
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted
- Celebrity connection - Featured on: Robson Green Weekend Escapes Farmer Country Showdown Ainsley Harriet's Good Mood Food
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Check website for availability
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
Own car is essential and there is a parking bay next to each lodge.