To catch the afternoon sunlight and the magnificent evening sunsets Kingfisher Cottage has exceptionally spacious living area upstairs so as to get the best views up the farm. This includes a dining area for at least 6 people, very useful when a family is sharing 2 cottages, whilst the sitting area has a large settee plus 2 arm chairs. The kitchen area contains the equipment which would be expected by the modern family. There is also a cloakroom upstairs. The two bedrooms downstairs have either double or twin beds subject to personal preference. Kingfisher Cottage has a bathroom with over bath shower, WC and hand basin. This cottage can be joined to Robin Cottage for a larger family gathering.
Kingfisher Cottage has a level entry front door and parking is at the front door.
Awarded 4-star Gold by VisitEngland.Total flexibility on your arrival and departure days.Short breaks available.Free WiFi.Widescreen TV and DVD player.Very spacious cottage designed to give maximum possible access for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.Exceptionally spacious living area in Kingfisher Cottage.Kingfisher Cottage has a through lift.Prices include all linen, towels and heating costs.Quality ‘welcome pack’.
Our prices are all inclusive with no extra costs for Wifi.
Exceptionally spacious living areas in Blue Tit and Kingfisher.
All kitchens are fully equipped to modern standards (Blue Tit and Kingfisher have dishwashers).
Full central heating throughout, individually controllable in each room.
All cottages have profiling beds for maximum comfort to ensure a good night’s sleep.
It is possible to join some of the cottages together to allow for larger parties to stay under one roof without being on ‘top of each other’.
The laundry room is available for the use of our visitors.It has excellent drying facilities as well as washing machine and a tumble dryer. Ironing facilities are also available.
As a working sheep farm we have built approximately 5 miles of footpaths from Mellwaters Barn, designed not only for wheelchairs or ‘buggy’ use but to enable all our visitors to enjoy the magnificent views that we have from various points on the farm.
As owners, we live on site and take a pride in making sure that you will have an enjoyable holiday in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Kingfisher Cottage||£540.00 per unit per week|
*2 night stays are available, contact for details. Discounts are available at certain times of the year.
- 1-3a Accessibility - Mobility
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Visit England Gold 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- HuwGTIWrexham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyRelaxing Countryside RetreatSaturday, 11th November 2017We have enjoyed many stays at Mellwaters Barn Cottages, and we return here year after year. The cottages offer great facilities for disabled guests, bathroom hoists, through-floor wheelchair... Read full review
- phil_mcginnessTrip Type:CouplesSuperbSaturday, 16th December 2017As a wheelchair user this cottage was perfectly set up. Everything had been thought of, and the kitchen had more equipment than our own. Luxury! The surrounding are beautiful and the area has a lot... Read full review
- Barb LMelbourne, AustraliaFarm stay with all amenitiesSunday, 30th September 2018The two bedroom cottage was extremely spacious, bedrooms and shower were downstairs with a huge living dining kitchen and another toilet upstairs. Hosts Phillip and Sally were most helpful with... Read full review
- Access Statement - https://www.mellwatersbarn.co.uk/disability-features
- NAS MOBILITY
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Midweek breaks
- Weekend breaks
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed to any other specialist market - https://www.mellwatersbarn.co.uk/disability-features
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M)Turn onto the A66, signed Brough/Penrith, 1 mile west of Bowes, take a left-hand turn off the A66, cross Pennine route.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington Station - 25 miles from Darlington.