Visitors return year after year to enjoy the beauty of County Durham, the North Yorkshire countryside, Teesdale and The Pennines from the relaxing and luxurious comfort of Homelands Guest House.
We are proud of our facility and offer a warm and homely experience with home baked treats on arrival and a delicious breakfast in the morning, prepared by our chef. Our bedrooms are comfortable, with luxurious bed linens and Luxury Toiletries.
Homelands Guest House is situated in the market town of Barnard Castle, within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District, as well as the cultural and shopping centres of Newcastle and Harrogate. The A1 is just 20 minutes away.
Barnard Castle has lots of interesting places to shop, from clothing boutiques and food stockists, to several antique shops. A short walk from the town centre is the Bowes Museum. A very grand structure, replicating a French Chateau, has very close ties to the late Queen Mother. The Museum holds nationally and internationally important collections including paintings, prints, sculptures, ceramics, and silver objets d'art, including the famous feeding silver swan.
We are close to the Pennine Way, steeped in history, this National Trail chases along the mountain tops along the rugged backbone of England and offers 268 miles of the finest scenery of the finest upland walking in England. A once in a lifetime experience.
About 8 miles from the town centre is High Force, the largest waterfall in England. Only 6 miles away is Raby Castle with its large deer park and gardens; one of the best examples of its kind in the country. There are several reservoirs in the area; the furthest away is Cow Green, at about 12 miles. Most have day fishing permits available, subject to having a fishing licence. We also have access to 200 mts of the River Eden which is 25 minutes drive away.
Way marked walks are in abundance all over the area with several quaint old-fashioned public houses offering good quality food conveniently situated after a thirsty stroll. For those wanting more adventure, the Lake District is only 1 hour’s drive away.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Double En Suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Garden Suite ensuite||£100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£55.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Private Bathroom||£50.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good34
- frank bMelbourne, AustraliaHidden gemSaturday, 23rd July 2022Found this place at the last minute, got a room because someone else had to cancel. A very lucky find. The owners are very nice and friendly, the room was immaculately clean (a priority post covid... Read full review
- s_salva1977Trip Type:Friends getawayThe place to be.Wednesday, 27th July 2022Homelands Guesthouse is a super cozy place to spend your getaways. Rooms are nicely furbished and the garden extremely manicured. English breakfast is worth the visit and so is dinner. This... Read full review
- 07946163684Trip Type:CouplesRay Terrie and Bobby ParkerSunday, 7th August 2022Just returned from this beautiful guest house fantastic food, lovely accommodation owners so very friendly and exceptionally dog 🐕 friendly we stayed in the garden Room and it was just perfect for... Read full review
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Meal times must be booked
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Temperature checks for visitors
- Italian spoken
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2022 (1 Feb 2022 - 30 Dec 2022)|