AboutThe picturesque village of Stanhope offers you the unique experience of peaceful, easy rural shopping at the Durham Dales Centre. Relax over a morning coffee, lunch or afternoon tea and browse around the well stocked gift shop where you will discover our extensive selection of unusual gifts, jewellery and greeting cards. Stock is constantly changing, feel free to come and browse.
The gift shop also has an information point inclusive of leaflets, maps and information kiosk.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Portable hearing loop available.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Baby changing facilities
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe, seating 70 people, serving meals, snacks and beverages. Coaches welcome pre-bookable menus available.
- Public telephone
- Visitor information
* Open daily, Apr-Oct, 0900-1700; Oct-Mar, 0900-1600,
Map & Directions
A689 Crook - Alston road. Situated in the centre of Stanhope next to the church. 8 miles from A68, within easy reach of Durham and Newcastle by main road or scenic route over the moors.
Public Transport Directions
Bishop Auckland-Stanhope-Cowshill 101 service. Saturday service Newcastle to Stanhope Bus x21. Train - Darlington to Bishop Auckland. Contact Traveline on 0871 200 2233.