Diggerland is The Ultimate Adventure Theme Park Experience where children and adults alike can ride, drive and operate REAL diggers, dumpers and other full- size construction machinery. Located in Kent, Devon, Durham and Yorkshire, Diggerland is the perfect destination for action, fun and thrill packed family days out.
Fun for all ages (subject to height restrictions), Diggerland with its 18 different rides and drives and an array of additional activities is the ideal theme park for small to large groups looking for something exciting and truly unique. Get to grips with real JCBs and 180/360 excavators, take a head-reeling turn or two on the Spindizzy, rise to lofty heights and enjoy the views on the Skyshuttle, enjoy a bone-rattling off-road ride on the Groundshuttle, or have a go on the Dodgems and Go-Karts!
There are indoor and outdoor play areas, sandpits, coin operated rides and much more where younger visitors can let off steam while their parents can just sit back, relax and watch the fun… or join in!
All parks boast a Diggerland Goodie Store where visitors can mark their day with a memorable souvenir as well as buy gifts, toys and other merchandise, and there are cafeterias that offer a wide selection of hot and cold snacks, meals and beverages. Picnic tables are located in the grounds for those who prefer to bring their own packed lunches.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult or child 90 cm in height or over||£19.95 per ticket type|
|Child (under 90cm tall)||Free|
|Over 65's||£9.95 per ticket type|
Visitors under 90cms tall Free, Visitors 90cms or taller, and aged under 65 £19.95, Visitors aged 65 or over £9.95.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good93
- Nicola BTrip Type:FamilyLoved itSaturday, 14th October 2017Had a great time with my 4 year old son and partner.I have to say the staff was amazing with my son,they only thing I wasn't to happy about was the cafe.I thought it was expensive for the quality you... Read full review
- ndw78north eastTrip Type:FamilyAmazing! We all had a fab timeSaturday, 14th October 2017Didn’t really know what to expect but we were blown away and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves There’s so many machines to use and different types of rides. Machines have been converted as well as... Read full review
- gemarm2005Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyExcellent day out!!Saturday, 7th October 2017Wow what can I say, we had the BEST day at Diggerland!!! Can't fault the staff, everyone is super friendly and so helpful. The kids were in their element, so many machines, diggers and rides to keep... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- On-Site café/restaurant - No outside food can be eaten within the cafe. Only food purchased from the cafe can be eaten inside the cafe.
|October (Weekends Only) 2017 (1 Oct 2017 - 22 Oct 2017)|
|Monday - Friday||Closed|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|October (Half Term) 2017 (23 Oct 2017 - 29 Oct 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
* IMPORTANT: Please ring or check the Diggerland website before making your journey. http://www.diggerland.com/opening-times/ Closed voer the winter from 30 Oct-19 Feb 2018.
Map & Directions
Exit A1(M) at Junction 62. Head West on the A690, into Durham city centre. Go over the River Wear and at the next roundabout turn right onto the A691 and continue to follow the A691 towards Consett. Look for a roundabout with a BP garage on the left, and at that roundabout turn left towards Langley Park and Riverside Industrial Estate, where Diggerland is situated.
Public Transport Directions
The closest railway station is Durham which is approximately 5 miles from Diggerland. A bus which serves Langley Park can be caught from the station. (Go NorthEast service 13 or 14).