Medieval Raby Castle, home of Lord Barnard's family since 1626, includes a 200 acre deer park, walled gardens, carriage collection, adventure playground, shop and tearoom.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Castle, Park and Gardens||£12.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Park and Gardens||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Castle, Park and Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Park and Gardens||£3.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Castle, Park and Gardens||£11.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Park and Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Castle, Park & Gardens||£35.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Park & Gardens||£18.00 per ticket type|
Children under 5 free.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2016
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good120
- Phil MDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:Couplesgreat outdoorsTuesday, 15th November 2016If you are into history and nature then this is the place for you, the castle is steeped in history, and the grounds are beautiful, and full of deer, quite a large herd aswell, you won't be... Read full review
- John SDurham, England, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaywonderful castle and groundsMonday, 14th November 2016lovely venue with very knowledgeable guides .wonderful day out for all ages in a beautiful setting in the deer park Read full review
- Diana PMarket Rasen, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayStunning gardensFriday, 11th November 2016We didn't visit the castle itself but walked around the gardens, which are extensive and beautifully planted. Very calming and peaceful. Read full review
|Park and Gardens (15 Apr 2017 - 1 Oct 2017)|
|Castle (15 Apr 2017 - 1 Oct 2017)|
* Castle open 15 Apr-30 Jun and 1 Sep-1 Oct, Wed-Sun, 1230-1630; 1 Jul-31 Aug, daily, except Mon, 1230-1630 (last admission 1600). Admission to the Castle on weekdays is by a guided tour (free flow on weekends, bank holidays and during 1 Jul-31 Aug). Last admission 1600 (Last guided tour 1515). Park and Gardens (including the shop and tearoom) open, 15 Apr-30 Jun and 1 Sep-1 Oct, Wed-Sun, 1100-1700; 1 Jul-31 Aug, daily, except Mon, 1100-1700.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.
Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.