Medieval Raby Castle, home of Lord Barnard's family since 1626, includes a 200 acre deer park, walled gardens, carriage collection, adventure playground, shop and tearoom.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Castle, Park and Gardens||£12.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Park and Gardens||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Castle, Park and Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Park and Gardens||£3.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Castle, Park and Gardens||£11.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Park and Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Castle, Park & Gardens||£35.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Park & Gardens||£18.00 per ticket type|
Children under 5 free.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good120
- David MTrip Type:CouplesGrounds and Castle.Saturday, 31st December 2016The grounds were stunning, we went on a damp day, which brought out the smells of the plants and shrubs. They have a large red, and fallow dears roaming around the grounds. The coach house and tack... Read full review
- Homerun3361Trip Type:FamilySanta's GrottoFriday, 30th December 2016If you have small children this is a wonderful experience for them - a lot of trouble has gone into making the walk into the grotto exciting for the children and to pass the time in the queue. That... Read full review
- Christine TDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBest Santa's GrottoSaturday, 17th December 2016Just had a lovely afternoon with the family at Raby Castle best Santa I have seen great grotto not to long to wait have to book well in advance but worth it. £8.50 for child and good present lovely... Read full review
|Park and Gardens (15 Apr 2017 - 1 Oct 2017)|
|Castle (15 Apr 2017 - 1 Oct 2017)|
* Castle open 15 Apr-30 Jun and 1 Sep-1 Oct, Wed-Sun, 1230-1630; 1 Jul-31 Aug, daily, except Mon, 1230-1630 (last admission 1600). Admission to the Castle on weekdays is by a guided tour (free flow on weekends, bank holidays and during 1 Jul-31 Aug). Last admission 1600 (Last guided tour 1515).
Park and Gardens (including the shop and tearoom) open, 15 Apr-30 Jun and 1 Sep-1 Oct, Wed-Sun, 1100-1700; 1 Jul-31 Aug, daily, except Mon, 1100-1700.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.
Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.