Medieval Raby Castle, home of Lord Barnard's family since 1626, includes a 200 acre deer park, walled gardens, carriage collection, adventure playground, shop and tearoom.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Castle, Park and Gardens||£10.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Park and Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Castle, Park and Gardens||£4.50 per ticket type|
|Child - Park and Gardens||£2.50 per ticket type|
|Concession - Castle, Park and Gardens||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Park and Gardens||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Castle, Park & Gardens||£27.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Park & Gardens||£15.00 per ticket type|
Season tickets available: Adult £20, Child £8, Family (2+3) £45.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2016
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good120
- pjandd300Eaglescliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely Parkland, with Deer and pleasant gardensWednesday, 19th October 2016We visited Raby Castle on a whim and enjoyed walking in the deer park and in the gardens. The queue in the cafe was long - due to some inefficient serving / cashiering by the staff. Food and drink... Read full review
- Stephen EDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyExcellent day out - thoroughly recommmend a visitTuesday, 18th October 2016Excellent Castle & Grounds - great for the kids. We had a picnic and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Second visit. Read full review
- Ian SBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesKing of the CastleWednesday, 12th October 2016This was the second time I had visited. Took a nice stroll around the grounds and gardens before enjoying our picnic in the sun. The castle was great again, not too busy so was able to thoroughly... Read full review
|Park and Gardens (1 May 2016 - 28 Sept 2016)|
* Castle open 1 May-29 Jun, Sun-Thu, 1300-1630; 30 Jun-30 Aug, Sun-Fri, 1300-1630 (last admission 1600). Park and Gardens open, 1 May-29 Jun, 1100-1700; 30 Jun-30 Aug, 1100-1700.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.
Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.