Medieval Raby Castle, home of Lord Barnard's family since 1626, includes a 200 acre deer park, walled gardens, carriage collection, adventure playground, shop and tearoom.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Castle, Park and Gardens||£10.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Park and Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Castle, Park and Gardens||£4.50 per ticket type|
|Child - Park and Gardens||£2.50 per ticket type|
|Concession - Castle, Park and Gardens||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Park and Gardens||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Castle, Park & Gardens||£27.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Park & Gardens||£15.00 per ticket type|
Season tickets available: Adult £20, Child £8, Family (2+3) £45.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2016
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good108
- Pinkflowers2014Thirsk, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWell maintained beautiful castle but room for improvement for families.Sunday, 21st August 2016If could rate it 3.5 I would. Its better than good but not quite very good. Plus points - Well maintained gardens, the castle itself is amazing especially loved the kitchen. All members of staff... Read full review
- SLS1234567Louth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA good day outSaturday, 20th August 2016The grounds and garden open at 11am with the castle opening at 1pm. We arrived on a motorbike and were really pleased to be directed to an area which was under cover. Additionally it is close to the... Read full review
- trevormac51Trip Type:Friends getawayDay outFriday, 19th August 2016Beautifully maintained and presented castle and gardens. A credit to the owners and their employees. Read full review
|Park and Gardens (1 May 2016 - 28 Sept 2016)|
* Castle open 1 May-29 Jun, Sun-Thu, 1300-1630; 30 Jun-30 Aug, Sun-Fri, 1300-1630 (last admission 1600). Park and Gardens open, 1 May-29 Jun, 1100-1700; 30 Jun-30 Aug, 1100-1700.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.
Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.