Medieval Raby Castle, home of Lord Barnard's family since 1626, includes a 200 acre deer park, walled gardens, carriage collection, adventure playground, shop and tearoom.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Castle, Park and Gardens||£10.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Park and Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Child - Castle, Park and Gardens||£4.50 per ticket type|
|Child - Park and Gardens||£2.50 per ticket type|
|Concession - Castle, Park and Gardens||£9.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Park and Gardens||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Castle, Park & Gardens||£27.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Park & Gardens||£15.00 per ticket type|
Season tickets available: Adult £20, Child £8, Family (2+3) £45.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2016
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good117
- Minicooper59MiddlesbroughTrip Type:FamilyLovely placeMonday, 26th September 2016We went with our mini to the classic car show and thought we would have a look round the castle while we where there . What a beautiful place the lake and the deer park and the castle gardens are... Read full review
- Dennis HDarlington, England, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWell preserved piece of history.Sunday, 25th September 2016Raby Castle & Gardens far exceeded my expectations. It's a lovely well kept tidy place. Didn't see a piece of litter anywhere. The Stable tea rooms, whilst being clean & tidy, sadly had a very... Read full review
- Linda JStockton-on-Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSurprisingly GoodSunday, 25th September 2016I had passed this place many many times but had never visited before. It was much better than expected. The grounds are immaculate. The grass was neat, the gravel raked and not a weed in sight. Some... Read full review
|Park and Gardens (1 May 2016 - 28 Sept 2016)|
* Castle open 1 May-29 Jun, Sun-Thu, 1300-1630; 30 Jun-30 Aug, Sun-Fri, 1300-1630 (last admission 1600). Park and Gardens open, 1 May-29 Jun, 1100-1700; 30 Jun-30 Aug, 1100-1700.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.
Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.