High Force suddenly and spectacularly drops 70 feet into a plunge pool below, making it England's highest uninterrupted drop of water.
The woodland walk leads to this breathtaking sight. As you begin the descent down the gentle slope the well-maintained path twists and turns giving a different view every few yards. The muffled rumble suddenly turns to a roar and the sight astounds you.
High Force commands your respect. Its power is its beauty, but it must be treated with care and children should be supervised at all times. Gift shop, picnic area and parking available.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£1.50 per ticket type|
|Child (under 16yrs )||£0.50 per ticket type|
|Concession||£1.00 per ticket type|
Car parking £2 per car. Payment is via an Honesty Box if no attendant is present.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.00 per car
- Dogs Accepted - On short leads only.
|2017 High Season (1 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* October - Easter Gift shop and visitor facilities closed. In adverse weather it may be necessary to close High Force in the interest of safety. Closed Christmas Day.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A66. From the A1(M) take the A66 to Bowes/Barnard Castle turn off and pick up the signs for High Force, which is on B6277 Middleton in Teesdale to Alston Road.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station - DarlingtonNearest bus stop - Forest in Teesdale (timings depend on season and day)