These are the terms and conditions for use of the website of Visit County Durham (VCD) a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales registered number 5756346. Registered office: Norham House, 12 New Bridge Street West, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site are owned by Visit County Durham. You are permitted to print and download extracts from this site on the following basis:
- Use of documents and related graphics on this site is for information and/or personal use only;
- any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use;
- no documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way;
- graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text;
- In accessing VCD's web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own personal non-commercial use.
- no part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other Website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without VCD's prior written permission; any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
- All use of the web site www.thisisdurham.com ("the Site") and any associated sub-domain, is on the terms and conditions below. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site. If you do not agree to these conditions cease use of the Site immediately. You may print and keep a copy of these terms. They are a legal agreement between us and can only be modified with our consent. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified. You are responsible for reviewing information posted online to obtain notice of such changes. Access to this site may be suspended without notice.
- Goods or services available for purchase on the Site, such as hotel bookings and shopping are provided by our partners and comprise a contract between the user and our partner, not VCD. Although VCD uses its reasonable endeavours to ensure reputable suppliers are used on the Site it accepts no liability arising from supplies by such partners. All such sales are on the terms and conditions of the partner and the user which may be accessed from the Site.
- VCD takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and VCD has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that VCD approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- VCD ("we") do our best to ensure all information on the Site is accurate. If you find any inaccurate information on the Site let us know and we will correct it, where we agree, as soon as practicable.
- You should independently verify any information before relying upon it. We make no representations that information is accurate and up to date or complete and accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by inaccurate information. This Site gives a large amount of data and there will inevitably be errors in it, particularly because dates and times of events change and cancellations occur. You are advised to check directly with the organisers of the event concerned before making any arrangements.
- We provide information on this Site free of any access charge and on the basis of no liability for the information given.
- We are a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and users of the Site. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, or users, are those of the authors or distributors and not of us. We do not necessarily endorse nor are we responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Site.
- VCD shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- English law shall apply to these terms, notwithstanding the jurisdiction where you are based. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms and for those purposes irrevocably submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the English courts. The place of performance shall be England.
- Any formal legal notices should be sent to us at the address at the end of these Terms by email confirmed by post. Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in waiver of such right. You may not assign or transfer your rights under this agreement.
Visit County Durham contact details:
Visit County Durham
3-4 Millennium Place
T: 03000 261 220
Accommodation Booking Terms
- Please check that all the details on the confirmation form meet with your requirements. Acceptance of this confirmation implies that your approval of the choice of establishment, its facilities and services and the terms shown and constitute a contract thereon.
- The accommodation detailed on this form has been booked for you by VCD as agent for the accommodation establishment and therefore, any contract for the booking is directly between you and the accommodation establishment. On arrival, you should check that the accommodation is as booked, including type of board and price.
- If you wish to cancel your booking, please follow the providers terms and conditions on how to do this.
- Whilst VCD makes every effort to find suitable accommodation, it cannot be held responsible for, nor accept any liability for complaints or claims of any nature arising from this booking. Nor for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you or other members of your party, during or as a result of a stay at the accommodation establishment.
- To the best of VCD's knowledge, all prices quoted are inclusive of VAT and Service.
- Descriptions of the establishments on the website are believed to be correct at the time of publication. VCD will not be liable for any changes that may occur in establishment ownership, facilities available etc. If your booking depends on the provision of certain facilities, this must be made clear at the time of booking.
- These conditions apply to all bookings whether made in writing, verbally or online.