Built as a private stately home, the 13th Century building and grounds have been lovingly restored into a 21st century Country House Hotel without losing any of its grandeur or heritage. With stunning period features, including ornate, plasterwork ceilings, art noveau panelling, chandeliers, stained glass windows and a sweeping staircase, Beamish Hall is situated within 24-acres of rolling estate parkland.
A destination venue, Best Western Beamish Hall is a four star Country House Hotel, nestled alongside The Stables restaurant, bar and microbrewery and Beamish Wild, our very own High Ropes Course.
We are perfectly located to enjoy the treasures that the North East of England has to offer with Beamish Museum the largest open air museum is just on the door step, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Historic Durham and Sunderland city centres just a short drive away, with excellent road, rail and air links.
Whether you want to relax or be active, celebrate or focus on business, we offer you the space, peace and privacy to do it your way.
"An excellent place to stay"
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Apartment Room||from £280.00 to £320.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Double en suite||from £75.00 to £115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Twin||from £75.00 to £115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|De luxe Double en suite||from £85.00 to £130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Twin||from £85.00 to £130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Premier Double||from £105.00 to £205.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy is £10 less.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good356
- Alan CTrip Type:CouplesBetter than AverageFriday, 20th October 2017We stayed here for 2 nights for the cricket at Chester-le-Street. When I phoned the hotel direct I was told they were completely full. However,surprisingly, I got a deal for the requested nights... Read full review
- audeneSunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:Familyafternoon teaWednesday, 18th October 2017four of us went for afternoon tea to celebrate my mum's birthday and my grandmas 90th birthday. first of all a huge thank you to Suzanne for helping with the lift and the wheelchair, and thanks to... Read full review
- stella444Hartley, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBeamish hall hotel.Tuesday, 17th October 2017This wonderful hotel is situated in parkland. The staff were all excellent and so friendly. The room was as expected, clean and tidy with the facility to make a hot drink. Biscuits and bottles of... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Access to golf course
|Open New Year|
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
From A1M Jct 63 (Chester-le-Street exit). Follow A693 towards Stanley for 4 miles (route marked with tourist signs to 'Beamish Museum'). Follow signs to museum. When facing main gate of museum, turn left and follow road for about 1 mile. Road passes Beamish Golf Club then Beamish Hall is next turning on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Chester-le-Street Railway Station. Take a taxi or bus (approximately 4 miles).