AboutThe centrepiece of Durham’s arts programme, the Gala Theatre is situated in a beautiful, purpose-built, £15m building on the banks of the river Wear in the heart of this historic city. The venue houses a state-of-the-art modern theatre, spacious and comfortable café-bar, two cinema screens and superb conference facilities.
Prices vary according to performance. Please see website for details.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good79
- Clare282013Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyJack and the beanstalkFriday, 30th December 2016Visited here for panto which we do every year. Once again another great show with lots of laughs and fun for all of the family. Read full review
- central62Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyJack and the Beanstalk at Gala theatre DurhamFriday, 30th December 2016I went to see this pantomime with family. It is an excellent production written by 2 members of the cast. It had everything from jokes. squirting water, cream pies, all to make the audience laugh... Read full review
- Linda OSunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyMagnificentThursday, 29th December 2016The panto jack and the beanstalk is absolutely amazing yet again a brilliant effort from all the cast This panto yet again beats some of the big pantos Well done everyone keep up the good work and... Read full review
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Infra red loop system.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe bar for 75 people. Serving hot and cold beverages and snacks.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 500
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - 2 meeting rooms
|2017 (2 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Saturday||10:00||- 20:30|
|Bank Holiday||14:30||- 20:30|
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Durham. Regular buses into the centre of Durham from across the region.