AboutThe centrepiece of Durham’s arts programme, the Gala Theatre is situated in a beautiful, purpose-built, £15m building on the banks of the river Wear in the heart of this historic city. The venue houses a state-of-the-art modern theatre, spacious and comfortable café-bar, two cinema screens and superb conference facilities.
Prices vary according to performance. Please see website for details.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good73
- Annette JSunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travel1916 No Turning Back - Powerful stuff...Wednesday, 24th August 2016Deeply poignant, with the close proximity of the actors intensifying the emotional impact of the experience. Wonderfully raw and real performances. No fuss, fanfare or frills. The truth of this... Read full review
- Christine0191Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLunch in the CafeTuesday, 23rd August 2016First time we have eaten here and we will go back again.Pleasant staff,good choice of food and not to long to wait after ordering.Nice,airy cafe.Toilets just around the corner.Will tell my friends... Read full review
- JenniferLSmithSt. Asaph, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNo Turning Back 1916 - very movingSunday, 21st August 2016Family of 4 (boys of 15 & 12) found this very powerful and moving. Beautifully portrayed by the 3 actors who brought it all to life during our visit. We were in a group of 8. Actors interacted... Read full review
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Infra red loop system.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe bar for 75 people. Serving hot and cold beverages and snacks.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 500
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - 2 meeting rooms
|2016 (2 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
|Monday - Saturday||10:00||- 20:30|
|Bank Holiday||14:30||- 20:30|
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Durham. Regular buses into the centre of Durham from across the region.