AboutThe centrepiece of Durham’s arts programme, the Gala Theatre is situated in a beautiful, purpose-built, £15m building on the banks of the river Wear in the heart of this historic city. The venue houses a state-of-the-art modern theatre, spacious and comfortable café-bar, two cinema screens and superb conference facilities.
Prices vary according to performance. Please see website for details.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good82
- Are_we_there_yet158Seaham, United KingdomSmall but IdealMonday, 22nd May 2017We’ve been to the Gala Theatre 4 times to see comedians / speakers. The venue holds around 500 people. There really isn’t a bad seat in the house. Wherever you are, you are never too far from the... Read full review
- princeiseoluwaNewcastle, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWonderful placeWednesday, 17th May 2017Went on a visit to Durham to deliver a lecture on what we happen after Brexit, I was fortunate to visit this Gala Theatre. It was one of the amazing place around there. Read full review
- Chris BDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTop VenueFriday, 12th May 2017This was our first visit here and everything was excellent, it is a short walk from the railway station and easy to find and there are plenty of places nearby for a drink or something to eat. The... Read full review
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe bar for 75 people. Serving hot and cold beverages and snacks.
|2017 (2 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Saturday||10:00||- 20:30|
|Bank Holiday||14:30||- 20:30|
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Durham. Regular buses into the centre of Durham from across the region.