AboutThe centrepiece of Durham’s arts programme, the Gala Theatre is situated in a beautiful, purpose-built, £15m building on the banks of the river Wear in the heart of this historic city. The venue houses a state-of-the-art modern theatre, spacious and comfortable café-bar, two cinema screens and superb conference facilities.
Prices vary according to performance. Please see website for details.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good78
- JusboroSouth Shields, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat location, prices and choice of entertainmentSunday, 20th November 2016Large multistory underneath the square, with lift up to the theatre and restaurants. Great choice of places to eat and drink before the performance. Great choice of things to see: great comedians and... Read full review
- Amethyst-2009EnglandTrip Type:CouplesIllegal Eagles 2016Wednesday, 16th November 2016Excellent show last Sunday night by one of our favourite groups. Comfortable seats, great view. Bar prices average for theatres. Only complaint I have as always--- something needs to be done about... Read full review
- carolecrowgoldenoldiNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMidge Ure appearanceWednesday, 9th November 2016Nice theatre although could do with a little tlc.Seats are generously sized and comfortable and there was no sense of overcrowding although all seats seemed to be occupied.Acoustics were good and... Read full review
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Infra red loop system.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe bar for 75 people. Serving hot and cold beverages and snacks.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 500
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - 2 meeting rooms
|2016 (2 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
|Monday - Saturday||10:00||- 20:30|
|Bank Holiday||14:30||- 20:30|
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Durham. Regular buses into the centre of Durham from across the region.