AboutThe centrepiece of Durham’s arts programme, the Gala Theatre is situated in a beautiful, purpose-built, £15m building on the banks of the river Wear in the heart of this historic city. The venue houses a state-of-the-art modern theatre, spacious and comfortable café-bar, two cinema screens and superb conference facilities.
Prices vary according to performance. Please see website for details.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good81
- Laura MTrip Type:Friends getawayCinema trip with girlsSunday, 19th February 2017Visited with a group of girls. We were in screen 2, which is the smaller of the two. Felt very intimate and cosy. Say in front but didn't feel like the screen was on top of you. Only complaint was... Read full review
- Cressida OTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat little cinema!Thursday, 2nd February 2017It's brilliant to have such a great little cinema in central Durham, within easy access for most students. I know some people have complained about the small size of Screen 2, but honestly it's not a... Read full review
- christinequigleyDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous little theater!Wednesday, 25th January 2017Having been to numerous shows from drama to Music comedy to opera we are so grateful to have this venue in Durham ! The cinema is compact but that's fine by us.it is very comfortable and our... Read full review
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Infra red loop system.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe bar for 75 people. Serving hot and cold beverages and snacks.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 500
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - 2 meeting rooms
|2017 (2 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Saturday||10:00||- 20:30|
|Bank Holiday||14:30||- 20:30|
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Durham. Regular buses into the centre of Durham from across the region.