AboutThe centrepiece of Durham’s arts programme, the Gala Theatre is situated in a beautiful, purpose-built, £15m building on the banks of the river Wear in the heart of this historic city. The venue houses a state-of-the-art modern theatre, spacious and comfortable café-bar, two cinema screens and superb conference facilities.
Prices vary according to performance. Please see website for details.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good75
- AnnaoshaDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat visitSunday, 9th October 2016Webt to see an evening with an immigrant as part of the Durham book festival. The venue was nice and it was a lovely surprise that the room the event was in was so intimate. Comfortable seats in the... Read full review
- allertonladNorthallerton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVery enjoyable second visitSunday, 25th September 2016Made a second visit to the Gala Theatre, this time to see Miles Jupp perform. This is a modern, compact, very comfortable theatre, in the city centre. Great sight lines from seemingly wherever you... Read full review
- 19amanda92Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayCinema visit last weekendSaturday, 24th September 2016The cinemas are a lot smaller than average, but this can be good sometimes. They're always cleaned well and the staff downstairs are always really lovely. Unfortunately the guys who work upstairs... Read full review
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Infra red loop system.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe bar for 75 people. Serving hot and cold beverages and snacks.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 500
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - 2 meeting rooms
|2016 (2 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
|Monday - Saturday||10:00||- 20:30|
|Bank Holiday||14:30||- 20:30|
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Durham. Regular buses into the centre of Durham from across the region.