Visitors from all over the world come to share the magic of 13th Century Crook Hall and its idyllic English gardens.
Soak up the atmosphere over a home made cream tea in the pretty courtyard.
A short walk from the Cathedral and described in Country Life as having ‘history, romance and beauty’, it’s just waiting to capture your heart.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Concession||£6.50 per ticket type|
1 Oct-10 Apr Sun-Wed, 1000-1500, Adults £5, Concessions £4.50, Child £3.
Annual Prices: Adult – £19.50, Concession – £17.50 and a Family – £39.50
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good149
- SkinnyJonnyDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayIdyllic venue for coffee during walkMonday, 20th March 2017We stopped several times for a lovely latte and scone during our dog walks. There is a good outdoor seating area for the dog and yourself which looks up at Crook Hall and Gardens. Quality homemade... Read full review
- Pandora_8Durham, U.KTrip Type:FamilyLovely. We had afternoon tea there which was superbWednesday, 15th March 2017A lovely walk around the gardens with the out door staff explain things as we passed them, then afternoon tea, for some reason our party had a room to ourselves with the staff being so attentive... Read full review
- Chris IRamsbottom, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWell worth a visitMonday, 13th March 2017Spent a good couple of hours wandering around house and gardens Maps with bits about each section help enjoy the tour Will definitely be returning to see in different seasons Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.20 per day
- On-Site café/restaurant - Homemade cream teas, cakes, toasted sandwiches, soup, speciality teas and coffee.
|2016/17 (1 Nov 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||11:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 17:00|
* Please note: Crook Hall Garden is closed Thu, Fri and Sat. Garden Cafe open all year, daily, 0930-1700.
Pre-booking essential for Halloween and Christmas Openings - please see website for details. During December we are open Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and at other times only for our pre booked Christmas events. Closed 24 Dec-4 Jan.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city centre. Follow the signs for The Gates Shopping Centre then pick up the signs for Crook Hall.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station road walk down North Road past the bus station to The Gates Shopping Centre. Follow the road down to the riverside, and Crook Hall is signposted from there.