Visitors from all over the world come to share the magic of 13th Century Crook Hall and its idyllic English gardens.
Soak up the atmosphere over a home made cream tea in the pretty courtyard.
A short walk from the Cathedral and described in Country Life as having ‘history, romance and beauty’, it’s just waiting to capture your heart.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Concession||£6.50 per ticket type|
1 Oct-10 Apr Sun-Wed, 1000-1500, Adults £5, Concessions £4.50, Child £3.
Annual Prices: Adult – £19.50, Concession – £17.50 and a Family – £39.50
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good154
- kelvin325Trip Type:CouplesLovely on a sunny dayWednesday, 24th May 2017Within a short walk of Durham city centre is a hidden oasis of calm. Varied and interesting gardens and the house shows how styles of architecture change over the generations. Privately owned and... Read full review
- JacmarueGloucestershire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful gardenTuesday, 23rd May 2017On the outskirts of Durham city the house is lovely and the gardens are a delight. Each area was very pretty when we visited but held promise for the rest of the year. Read full review
- Janette WDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFantastic 60th birthday afternoon teaTuesday, 23rd May 2017We decided to book afternoon tea to celebrate a friends 60th birthday recently and boy was it a big hit, staff where extremely helpful decorating our table, placing balloons etc before we arrived. We... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.20 per day
- On-Site café/restaurant - Homemade cream teas, cakes, toasted sandwiches, soup, speciality teas and coffee.
|2017 (1 Nov 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||11:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 17:00|
* Please note: Crook Hall Garden is closed Thu, Fri and Sat. Garden Cafe open all year, daily, 0930-1700.
Pre-booking essential for Halloween and Christmas Openings - please see website for details. During December we are open Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and at other times only for our pre booked Christmas events. Closed 24 Dec-4 Jan.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city centre. Follow the signs for The Gates Shopping Centre then pick up the signs for Crook Hall.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station road walk down North Road past the bus station to The Gates Shopping Centre. Follow the road down to the riverside, and Crook Hall is signposted from there.