Visitors from all over the world come to share the magic of 13th Century Crook Hall and its idyllic English gardens.
Soak up the atmosphere over a home made cream tea in the pretty courtyard.
A short walk from the Cathedral and described in Country Life as having ‘history, romance and beauty’, it’s just waiting to capture your heart.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Concession||£6.50 per ticket type|
1 Oct-10 Apr Sun-Wed, 1000-1500, Adults £5, Concessions £4.50, Child £3.
Annual Prices: Adult – £19.50, Concession – £17.50 and a Family – £39.50
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good158
- Linda_NorthernSunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovelyThursday, 22nd June 2017We have just had an afternoon tea at Crook Hall and Gardens. It was delicious. The presentation of the food was beautiful - china cups, lovely tea pots. The meal included a glass of Prosecco or a... Read full review
- holiday032northumberlandTrip Type:FamilyCoffee shop visit. ☕️🍰🍪Thursday, 22nd June 2017We just visited the coffee shop which was really nice. The menu was ok but I would have liked to have seen paninis or a jacket potato on offer. Beautiful gardens to look on to. There is a car parking... Read full review
- KJ57London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely Garden and Crook HallTuesday, 20th June 2017Very pretty garden rooms with lots of fragrant plants and colourful beds. The hall is also very nice to look around especially the very old part. We spent a lovely couple of hours here in the... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.20 per day
- On-Site café/restaurant - Homemade cream teas, cakes, toasted sandwiches, soup, speciality teas and coffee.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Please note: Crook Hall Garden is closed Thu, Fri and Sat. Garden Cafe open all year, daily, 0930-1700.
Pre-booking essential for Halloween and Christmas Openings - please see website for details. During December we are open Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and at other times only for our pre booked Christmas events. Closed 24 Dec-4 Jan.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city centre. Follow the signs for The Gates Shopping Centre then pick up the signs for Crook Hall.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station road walk down North Road past the bus station to The Gates Shopping Centre. Follow the road down to the riverside, and Crook Hall is signposted from there.