Visitors from all over the world come to share the magic of 13th Century Crook Hall and its idyllic English gardens.
Soak up the atmosphere over a home made cream tea in the pretty courtyard.
A short walk from the Cathedral and described in Country Life as having ‘history, romance and beauty’, it’s just waiting to capture your heart.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Concession||£6.50 per ticket type|
1 Oct-10 Apr Sun-Wed, 1000-1500, Adults £5, Concessions £4.50, Child £3.
Annual Prices: Adult – £19.50, Concession – £17.50 and a Family – £39.50
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good171
- Denise HChester-le-Street, England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFamily historyThursday, 5th October 2017I just had to visit as this is the home of my ancestors. Found it very interesting. The gardens are beautifull, they have themed attractions at different times of the year. There is a little coffee... Read full review
- Daniel FDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWow what a gemTuesday, 3rd October 2017What a beautiful old manor house with almost 1000 years of British history. The old hall with its minstrels gallery is stunning. The Gardens are really well maintained and the autumn colours on the... Read full review
- Tomtom585Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBeautiful gardens and lovely hallTuesday, 3rd October 2017We were there for a friends wedding. the grounds are lovely and the afternoon tea we had was really nice. couldnt fault anything. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.20 per day
- On-Site café/restaurant - Homemade cream teas, cakes, toasted sandwiches, soup, speciality teas and coffee.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Please note: Crook Hall Garden is closed Thu, Fri and Sat. Garden Cafe open all year, daily, 0930-1700.
Pre-booking essential for Halloween and Christmas Openings - please see website for details. During December we are open Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and at other times only for our pre booked Christmas events. Closed 24 Dec-4 Jan.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city centre. Follow the signs for The Gates Shopping Centre then pick up the signs for Crook Hall.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station road walk down North Road past the bus station to The Gates Shopping Centre. Follow the road down to the riverside, and Crook Hall is signposted from there.