Visitors from all over the world come to share the magic of 13th Century Crook Hall and its idyllic English gardens.
Soak up the atmosphere over a home made cream tea in the pretty courtyard.
A short walk from the Cathedral and described in Country Life as having ‘history, romance and beauty’, it’s just waiting to capture your heart.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child||£5.00 per ticket type|
|Concession||£6.50 per ticket type|
1 Oct-10 Apr Sun-Wed, 1000-1500, Adults £5, Concessions £4.50, Child £3.
Annual Prices: Adult – £19.50, Concession – £17.50 and a Family – £39.50
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good164
- Phil HDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBrilliant place for Afternoon teaTuesday, 22nd August 2017Having lived near Durham for over 10 years we then discovered Crook Hall existed. We've since been here a couple of times now for their Afternoon tea and a nice relaxing time. It's a brilliant place... Read full review
- MauriceWilkinsOban, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessInteresting garden and lovely houseMonday, 21st August 2017I brought a party of Americans here while on a garden tour. We were staying at the Radisson Blu, so it was a mere five minute walk to the garden. We didn't have enough time, as usual, but the visit... Read full review
- gg90durhamTrip Type:CouplesLovely afternoon teaSunday, 20th August 2017Came to visit for afternoon tea on a Sunday. Very impressed with the service and food. The gardens are beautiful with plenty of space to sit and admire the plants. The food was delicious we sat... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - £2.20 per day
- On-Site café/restaurant - Homemade cream teas, cakes, toasted sandwiches, soup, speciality teas and coffee.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Please note: Crook Hall Garden is closed Thu, Fri and Sat. Garden Cafe open all year, daily, 0930-1700.
Pre-booking essential for Halloween and Christmas Openings - please see website for details. During December we are open Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and at other times only for our pre booked Christmas events. Closed 24 Dec-4 Jan.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) take the A690 into Durham city centre. Follow the signs for The Gates Shopping Centre then pick up the signs for Crook Hall.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station. From the station road walk down North Road past the bus station to The Gates Shopping Centre. Follow the road down to the riverside, and Crook Hall is signposted from there.