Open farm and adventure trail. Fun for all the family. Who could believe the countryside could be so exciting! Forest Adventure is an adventure on Durham's doorstep. A maze of trails lead from tree-based challenges to hidden surprises. Enjoy the thrills of the zip wire and wizz down the giant slide. Meet the animals on the farm. Extensive playing field. Farm butchery and coffee shop.
Open weekends and school holidays Easter to October. Please call to check opening times +44 0191 371 9697.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Family of 4||£18.00 per ticket type|
|Per Head||£5.00 per ticket type|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good40
- 11Lexi11Trip Type:FamilyJust lovely 😁Saturday, 9th September 2017Had a great day here with the littles ones. Lots to do and the cafe is amazing. Having explored the forest, climbing frames, animals, etc we decided to have lunch in the cafe. Firstly the staff... Read full review
- GlassystephDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA local treasureWednesday, 6th September 2017We love Broom House Farm! It has a fantastic farm shop, cafe and forest adventure. All our family enjoy visiting. The sausages are fantastic in the farm shop and there is a huge choice of meats... Read full review
- Jennifer RTrip Type:FamilyCoffee and service keeps us coming back!Tuesday, 5th September 2017We love visiting Broom House Farm Coffee Shop and stop by at least once a week with our baby. The coffee is fantastic, and the cakes and traybakes are always tasty - there's always something new on... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- On-Site café/restaurant - Light lunches - sandwiches, cakes, coffee, ice creams/lollies
- Dogs Accepted - dogs accepted on leads
- Out of Hours Visits
|2017 (1 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Open Spring half term (weather permitting) to end of October Half Term - weekends and daily during state school holidays.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A691. Leave A691 at Witton Gilbert roundabout. Turn into village and then take first left, signposted to Charlaw Fell. Follow lane to very top and along Long Edge. Broom House Farm is on the left and is well signposted.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station.Nearest bus stop is Witton Gilbert or Burnhope.