Open farm and adventure trail. Fun for all the family. Who could believe the countryside could be so exciting! Forest Adventure is an adventure on Durham's doorstep. A maze of trails lead from tree-based challenges to hidden surprises. Enjoy the thrills of the zip wire and wizz down the giant slide. Meet the animals on the farm. Extensive playing field. Farm butchery and coffee shop.
Open weekends and school holidays Easter to October. Please call to check opening times +44 0191 371 9697.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Family of 4||£18.00 per ticket type|
|Per Head||£5.00 per ticket type|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good37
- durham_larkDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyOur favourite place to visitWednesday, 19th July 2017We didn't really discover Broom House Farm until recently and are kicking ourselves for not discovering it sooner! The food is fab, the service is impeccable, and there is plenty to keep small ones... Read full review
- CJIOHJMNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWasn't sure what to expect but we had LOADS of fun!!Sunday, 9th July 2017I didn't know anyone who had been to Broom House Farm so wasn't sure what to expect but my two kids (aged 5 & 6) and I had amazing fun on the forest trail. This was £5 each (adults too) and there's... Read full review
- Ashleigh DTrip Type:Friends getawayA wonderful breakfast!Saturday, 8th July 2017Broom House Farm is a fabulous spot for a wonderful breakfast and i'll definitely be back! The coffee shop was homely, welcoming and cosy on a wet and windy Durham day. The eggs benedict and coffee... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- On-Site café/restaurant - Light lunches - sandwiches, cakes, coffee, ice creams/lollies
- Dogs Accepted - dogs accepted on leads
- Out of Hours Visits
|2017 (1 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Open Spring half term (weather permitting) to end of October Half Term - weekends and daily during state school holidays.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A691. Leave A691 at Witton Gilbert roundabout. Turn into village and then take first left, signposted to Charlaw Fell. Follow lane to very top and along Long Edge. Broom House Farm is on the left and is well signposted.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Durham Station.Nearest bus stop is Witton Gilbert or Burnhope.