Escape the urban hubbub, relax and unwind at The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa.
Situated in picturesque Teesdale countryside, and close to attractions including The Bowes Museum, Raby Castle and Barnard Castle, the historic “Morritt” offers northern welcomes and an unstuffy, romantic atmosphere. With award-winning food, a luxurious modern spa, and individually designed guest rooms, we’re perfect for short breaks, special occasions, weddings or an escape from the every-day.
As a privately run hotel and spa we place a great deal of value on service. Our customers constantly tell us that it is our employees who make The Morritt a special place to visit. Our philosophy is “yes, we can” – if we can do something for you, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
And you don’t have to stay with us to enjoy a visit to The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa – call in for afternoon tea, an excellent meal, or morning coffee.
Our luxurious spa – The Garage Spa – adjoins the hotel. It’s a building with a fascinating past, transformed from an ancient stopping station into a first-class spa. Created with imagination and luxurious rural simplicity, sumptuous decor awash with warm natural stone and timber welcomes you like an old friend. Here you'll find everything you expect from a modern spa and more including a wide range of facials, massages, wraps and scrubs.
A visit to our hotel isn’t complete without a trip to The Garage and hotel residential guests benefit from discounted use of the spa facilities. We also have a range of overnight and day spa breaks available, with offers updated frequently.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Bronze Executive Single en suite||from £75.00 to £115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite (2+2)||from £125.00 to £185.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gold Double/Twin||from £95.00 to £145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Platinum Double/Twin||from £155.00 to £179.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Platinum Suite||from £169.00 to £200.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Silver Double/Twin||from £85.00 to £125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2015
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good127
- Dr_WaughNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessOld country pubSunday, 22nd October 2017I was at the Morritt Arms earlier this week, I found the people generally to be very nice. Reception was a teeny bit frosty. Like a good number of aged buildings the layout is a bit... Read full review
- Q3861OGdavideYork, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGolden Wedding Anniversary LunchWednesday, 18th October 2017The management and staff deserve our compliments on the high standard achieved in helping us to enjoy a very special occasion on Sunday last, our Golden Wedding Lunch Party.... Everything went really... Read full review
- Family_Wilson4North YorkshireTrip Type:FamilyAnniversary lunchSaturday, 7th October 2017Met for a family meal on a Sunday lunchtime for a wedding anniversary celebration. Staff were welcoming and sat us in the lounge with drinks while we decided on menu choices. We did not have to wait... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Pets accepted - Pets welcome in courtyard rooms (both upstairs). Charge of £10 per night.
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We have a recycle policy and encourage guests to assist in this.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Parking by front door, restaurant table by the side or room service offered.
- Special provisions for walkers - Special leaflet describing walks from our hotel, we can supply a guide. Prepare packed lunches.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
From Scotch Corner head west on A66 for 9 miles. Greta Bridge is on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 15 miles
Twenty minutes by taxi.