AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good58
- Mr Harry BLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesEgglestone Abbey - has the Wow factor!Wednesday, 17th May 2017Found this gem of a ruin purely by chance, and stopped for an unscheduled viewing. The Abbey is surrounded by some terrific scenery and is definitely worth a visit. Car parking and admission to the... Read full review
- woodland2015Chennai (Madras), IndiaTrip Type:CouplesDragons did this ...Saturday, 13th May 2017Utterly wonderful discovery. Came across it quite by chance when out for a drive and my first thoughts were that it wouldn't look out of place in a movie with dragons! Read full review
- FairysheepLangholm, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful AbbeyWednesday, 10th May 2017I took my daughter here to sit and sketch and it is such a beautiful place. It is a very historic building and has a wonderful atmosphere. Lovely for a picnic. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2017 (2 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 18:00|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.