AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good51
- andrewcaseukMorecambe, England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic short free visitSunday, 19th February 2017Visited with our 4 children under the age of 8, my wife and my mother Pleasantly surprised Was nice to walk around and explore The kids enjoyed running around and checking out the little nooks and... Read full review
- davidwilliambarnesBlackpool, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAbbey TourWednesday, 8th February 2017This was another Abbey that we visited on our tour of North Yorkshire and Durham. You can make out through the charming ruins that this was a monastery. With the help of the information board you can... Read full review
- Danielle GRedcar, England, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMust seeMonday, 6th February 2017With staying in Bowes for a couple of nights we wanted to do as much as we could. We used the internet to search what was nearby and eggleston abbey came up. So glad it did, its truly beautiful... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2016 (2 Jan 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 18:00|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.