Dating back to 1791, the iconic Seaham Hall, home to the award winning Serenity Spa, is just 30 minutes’ drive from the captivating Durham City. Set in 37 acres of rustic and alluring countryside with views to the wild and romantic heritage coast, this 5 star hotel has a fascinating past and like many Georgian country houses has a rich history and an eccentric character that belies its contemporary interior.
Byron's restaurants focus is to celebrate British ingredients and its producers who dive, harvest, hunt, nurture and gather them. The menu changes to reflect the seasons in Britain and the dishes emphasise the quality of what our Island can offer and that they can stand proudly next to the rest of the world.
Three Courses £45 per person, Wine Flights are an additional £20 per person | Seven Course Taster Menu £60 per person, Wine Flights are an additional £40 per person (Last orders for the seven course menu is 9pm)
Only Open Wednesday – Sunday (Closed Monday and Tuesday)
The Asian inspired Ozone with a spherical outdoor terrace and views to the pastoral gardens, offers a meld of traditional Asian ingredients within the characteristics of conventional European cuisine.
As a guest you are invited to luxuriate at the tranquil Serenity Spa, the perfect environment to relax and escape the complications of the modern world. With a 20 metre pool, outdoor hot tubs, a hydrotherapy pool and therapists trained to deliver a variety of treatments that encourage relaxation and a state of wellbeing, a visit should be a priority.
Seaham Hall has 20 of the most luxurious suites ranging from Junior Suites to the outstanding Penthouse Suite which offers stunning uninterrupted coastal views. Each suite has its own individual style and character, some offer private outdoor gardens or terraces and all have spectacular garden or sea views. The intimate Byron Room is ideal for up to 20 guests, the glorious enclosed Courtyard perfect for a cocktail party for up to 120 and the Ballroom with floor to ceiling Georgian windows can accommodate up to 120 guests theatre style or 100 guests for a gala dinner. Take a walk in our picturesque grounds, meander along to the beach or for the more adventurous explore the charming surroundings on mountain bikes which are provided on a complimentary basis.
For those wanting to explore the history and heritage take a trip to Hadrian’s Wall, Holy Island or Durham Cathedral which are all within easy reach.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Suite||£585.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Garden Suite||£385.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Junior Suite||£285.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penthouse Suite||£785.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Stars
- 5 Visit England Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2016
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Business Tourism Award - Highly Commended 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Award - Luxury Hotel 2015
- Traveler's Choice
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
- GreenLeader Silver
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good142
- bettyboo2hartlepoolTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful afternoon teaTuesday, 28th March 2017Took mum for afternoon tea on Saturday, day before Mother's Day. Service was fantastic, from entering the building to leaving, every member of staff was a credit to Seaham Hall. Afternoon tea was... Read full review
- Mohammed ATrip Type:CouplesLuxurious stayTuesday, 28th March 2017I went to seaham with my wife to spend 3 days far from stress and to break routine, and I reached my aim while staying with them. Room: excellent. Food: different and unique. Gym: good varaity of... Read full review
- kez1983kezNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFantastic!Monday, 27th March 2017We stayed here in February for our anniversary and stayed in a junior suite, which was amazing! Elemis toiletries, bath robes and slippers, huge bath, huge bed, huge tv, and the best pillow spray... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|