Saltwell Park and Saltwell Towers
Tyne and Wear
Tel: 0191 433 3267
AboutSaltwell Park, based in the heart of Gateshead, it is one of Britain's finest examples of a Victorian Park. The park has seen an amazing transformation and has been restored to its Victorian splendour.
It encompasses 55 acres of landscapes, woodland and ornamental gardens as well as public sports facilities, a refreshment house, a lake, play areas, bowling greens, Saltwell Towers, the animal house, an education centre and a maze.
Saltwell Tower's a fairy tale mansion house, now houses a visitor centre and cafe.
Park open dawn till dusk.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Green Flag Award Winner 2007/8 2007
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Mobile catering units and snack bar in the park. The units are only there during the summer season.
- Picnic Site
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.None
- Max group size - 100
- Min group size - 20
- Outdoor Attraction
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups