BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art is currently closed in response to the current Covid-19 pandemic. We will keep you updated as the situation changes.
With a history that stretches back much further than its 2002 opening, the BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, housed in a completely rennovated flour mill on the south bank of the River Tyne, Gateshead, is the biggest gallery of its kind in the world.
The BALTIC aim to present a dynamic, diverse and international programme of contemporary visual art, with an ever-changing calendar of exhibitions and activities designed to give a unique and compelling insight into contemporary artistic practice.
BALTIC'S programme ranges from blockbuster exhibitions to innovative new work and projects created by artists working within the local community. Visitors can experience innovative and provocative new art, relax, have fun, learn and discover fresh ideas, and complete their visit with a relaxing coffee overlooking the magnificent quayside.
Don't forget to check their website or ask at an info point when you arrive for information about events and activities taking place like Preview Parties, Family Tours, Toddler Tuesdays, Exhibition Explorer Packs for kids and all sorts of themed adult events.
All four of BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art spaces are accessible and the centre also offers walking stick stools, mobility scooters, large print information, subtitles on selected BALTIC films and sensory equipment. Assistance dogs are also more than welcome.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2014
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loop available in all public spaces.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Information in braille or large print, sign language tours.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Rooftop restaurant, riverside restaurant, cafe and bar.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 999
- Min group size - 10
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- In town/city centre
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed Towards Students / Youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A167. From the A167 follow the signs for the BALTIC and Gateshead Quays.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Newcastle Central Station. Follow signs to the Quayside/Gateshead Millennium Bridge.