Durham County Cricket Club was established in 1882 and celebrated its 21st anniversary as a First Class County in 2013. Now known as the Emirates Riverside Cricket Ground, it hosted its first ever Ashes Test match in the same year.
Emirates Riverside is a world class sporting and music venue which regularly attracts visitors from all over the world. The complex, which in addition to being, the home of Durham County Cricket Club, includes Austins Bar which is open on match days only, and a Learning Centre which is located on the ground floor of the Media and Education Centre.
In 2010 the Club signed a ground breaking sponsorship agreement with Emirates Airlines, with the company committing to be Main Club Sponsor, including stadium naming rights, for six years. A ceremony unveiling the new ground name, after a nationwide competition open to the public for their suggestions, was held on Friday 4 June where it was revealed that Durham CCC's ground would be re-named Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground (Emirates Durham ICG or Emirates Durham).
In 2016 the Club and Emirates extended their contract for another seven years and on the Tuesday 23rd Februray it was revlealed the ground would be re-named Emirates Riverside.
Emirates Riverside also has fabulous Meeting and Events facilities, which can cater for up to 300 guests and is the perfect venue for any business meetings or any of life’s special occasions.
Prices according to fixtures. Please rin box office to book tickets 0844 499 4466
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good17
- malcolm bTrip Type:FamilyClub shopSaturday, 15th July 2017I recently visited the ground to buy the new England cricket top for my sons birthday. When I arrived at the ground the club shop was closed but the lovely receptionist Lisa Bartrum (hopefully spelt... Read full review
- Bryan CSunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBrilliant nightThursday, 15th June 2017What a great place to watch a consert. Saw rod Stewart here and had a great night the ground is perfect for gigs and I'm sure it's top class for cricket with plenty of amenities it was well organised... Read full review
- Joanna CDarlingtonTrip Type:CouplesHit and miss with staffFriday, 7th April 2017As a member of Durham CCC I have been attending matches for over 5 years. Most staff are very helpful and look after members well. However there are a few areas where the club could make... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Friday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|
* Open Monday - Friday 9.00-17.00 during the season. Opening times on matchdays vary according to fixtures. Please see website for details.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). Take the A1(M), leaving at jct 63 and follow the signs for Riverside.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Chester-le-Street. Riverside is signposted from Chester-le-Street station. Travel Planner - www.traveline.org.uk or www.transportdirect.co.uk