AboutWalworth Castle Hotel is located within a short drive from the A1(M) jct 58. Set in 18 acres of lawns and woodlands. It is the ideal venue to relax and unwind. Various rooms are on offer, from accommodation in our well decorated west wing rooms to our very luxurious four poster tower suites with double spa baths.
Walks are available in our very own woodland overlooking the wild fowl lake. It really is a good location to visit the region.
Durham, Darlington and the Lake District are within driving distances and Walworth Castle is an excellent location for visiting York and Scotland.
Being privately owned, all the management and staff at the hotel are very much aware of looking after the customers needs and exceeding their expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming guests to our hotel.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£92.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family with Private Bathroom||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite 4-poster||£190.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£147.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with Private Bathroom||£112.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good250
- smga308Leeds, United Kingdomwonderful weekendSaturday, 14th October 2017We spent two nights at this hotel in a castle room. From arrival to departure we received excellent service - Susan the head receptionist arranged our booking and was efficient, helpful and... Read full review
- DarkbyteLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCastle for a kings ransomThursday, 12th October 2017We booked this hotel for a night and we were welcomed when we arrived and as usual we filled out the paperwork and signature. Then was asked to do that thing of marking a credit card for £100 for... Read full review
- IzzyE_TLVTel avivTrip Type:FamilyDon't judge a book by it's cover..the cover is amazing(on the outside) ,the room-Not so much.Saturday, 7th October 2017We stayed for one night in the hotel.The hotel and grounds has an amazing atmosphere . the internal decor has reminiscent of old times , unfortunately amenities also suffer from being poorly... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We encourage staff to turn lights off when not in use. Encourage customers staying more than one night to reuse bedding, towels.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Foreign visitors, especially Americans who would love to stay in a castle.
- Special provisions for cyclists - The hotel is in the countryside, ideal for cyclists, long winding roads.
- Special provisions for walkers - Many countryside walks available.
- Walkers Welcome
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) junction 58
Exit at jct 58, follow A68 towards Corbridge. At The Dog pub turn left and follow the road. Castle is on the left after a couple of miles.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 3 miles. Either take a taxi from the centre of Darlington or there is a bus route which stops outside the castle gates.