AboutNow a VisitEngland accredited attraction, Hardwick Park is a great place to visit. Stroll through the historic parkland admiring the natural beauty of the lake, woodland and wildlife.
No visit would be complete withouth calling in to our visitor centre and cafe.
Open from 0700-dusk. Visitor Centre open 1000-1600 daily.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good89
- JuliewetherellBeautiful parkSunday, 20th November 2016Stunning grounds Gorgeous at all times of the year Definitely one of the best parks in Durham & even the uk, A nice play area for kids & lovely little cafe with home made cakes & pies. Read full review
- Caroline CElloughton, United KingdomTrip Type:Familygood for a leisurely walkWednesday, 16th November 2016Colours at this time of year are stunning and good place for gentle stroll around the lake, lots of families with children for a morning out Read full review
- SharonJT67Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAutumnal walkSaturday, 12th November 2016Took a wander around the park, the area was lovely with all the leaves on the ground, really autumnal, plenty of families out with children & dogs & wonderful just watching the ducks & swans gliding... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Hardwick Park (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.