Now a VisitEngland accredited attraction, Hardwick Park is a great place to visit. Stroll through the historic parkland admiring the natural beauty of the lake, woodland and wildlife.
No visit would be complete withouth calling in to our visitor centre and cafe.
Open from 0700-dusk. Visitor Centre open 1000-1600 daily.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Parking charges: up to 2 hours - £2.00, over 2 hours - £3.00, Season Ticket - £75.00.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good108
- Vincent SWhitley, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayIdeal for Saunter & CoffeeWednesday, 24th May 2017If you fancy a couple of hours get - out - the -house and a pleasant walk, then a visit to Hardwick Park is ideal. The grounds are kept in immaculate condition and there are a variety of sights to... Read full review
- Malcolm WYork, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat placeWednesday, 17th May 2017Stopped here on our way to Durham. This was our first time and what a great place to visit. The grounds were immaculate and the walk around the lake is well worth doing. stayed here for two hours and... Read full review
- LinsH83Sedgefield, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessSchool TripFriday, 5th May 2017Helped with 31 7/8 yr olds on a school trip ran by Sedgefield SSP. Did 3 30min activities: birdwatching, orienteering & team building. Kids seemed to enjoyed them all particularly the orienteering... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Hardwick Park (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||07:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||07:00||- 18:00|
* Park open all year, daily 0700-1800; Visitor Centre open 1000-1600. Visitor Centre and Cafe open throughout the festive season. Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day. Cafe open to 6pm Summer.
Map & Directions
Hardwick Park is near Sedgefield on the A177 Durham to Stockton road. 2 miles from A1(M)J60. Ample parking on site with coach and accessible parking bays (please note pay and display charges apply at all times).
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is on Sedgefield high street which is a mile walk to Hardwick Park. Call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 for further details.