St Chad's College is set on a dramatic site in the shadow of Durham Cathedral. Beyond the gardens, the land falls away into the wooded gorge of the River Wear which flows round this high peninsula, once the citadel of the Prince Bishops.
The College fronts onto North Bailey, a medieval street that traces the spine of the peninsula southwards from the Market Place to Prebends Bridge.
Our central location makes St Chad's the ideal base for exploring the city and surrounding countryside, with a museum, restaurents and the beautiful river walk within walking distance. Attractions within easy driving distance include the Bowes Museum, Hadrian's Wall and the North Yorkshire Moors.
Accommodation is situated in one of our historic houses which are far older than their frontages suggest. Breakfast is served in the elegant Moulsdale Hall with a choice of English or Continental breakfast served. Tea and coffee-making facilities are in each room which contain original features.
Bamburgh, Alnwick and Lindisfarne are easily accessible by car and you can also visit Holy Island and the beautiful Northumbrian Coast.
Accommodation is available during univeristy Easter and Summer vacation periods.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double Standard||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£55.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Standard||£40.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin Standard||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver 2015
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available - Upon request.
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Bar - Bar may be opened upon request and may incur an additional fee.
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Accept coach parties
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Cater for groups
- Cater for individuals
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests use - Dependant upon availability.
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 33
- Public telephone
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - World Heritage site
- WiFi Available
- Activity breaks
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed to any other specialist market
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Map & Directions
Follow the A1(M) until the A690 direct to Durham through the market-place towards cathedral. The college lies opposite the rose window of Durham Cathedral.
Public Transport Directions
Within walking distance to Durham rail and bus stations and easy access to the A1M and A19 motorway links.