Hotel General Info:
One of the most chilled hotels in Newcastle; it has 122 plush and posh rooms and suites that span 9 floors, of which one whole floor has a shipbuilding theme. The smart Chez Mal Brasserie is the heart of Malmaison Newcastle, specialising in British and French dishes with an iconic twist. Stop by our bar afterwards, where we serve hand-picked craft beers, buckets of fizz and a famous list of Malchemy cocktails. Whether it's an early morning breakfast meeting or a romantic getaway for two, you can enjoy a relaxed and welcoming vibe right up until the party begins. Just 15 minutes' walk from the shops and clubs in the city centre, this is one of the most attractive hotels in Newcastle city centre. A beautiful space, breath-taking views and comfy beds are all in a day's work for us, but mark our words: you'll be going overboard for Mal Newcastle.
A stylish twist on a traditional brasserie with a daily plat du jour and instant classics such as our tuna tartare, strip steaks and Goan moules, CHEZ MAL Brasserie is where French classics are reinterpreted with rebellious British flair.
Portions are generous and the quality sky high, all thanks to our superstar chefs. The decadent décor of the CHEZ MAL Brasserie will draw you right in with its perfect balance between classical extravagence and modern apartment chic. Whether dining is to be an intimate affair or catching up with a group of friends savour all the delectable delights and soak up the abundant atmosphere.
Your ship has well and truly come in if you're in one Malmaison Newcastle's 122 rooms and suites. You'd be forgiven for thinking it's all hard work and no play in this former stronghold of shipbuilding. Storm force showers refresh and invigorate, complimentary Wi-Fi rules the airwaves and plasma TVs keep you riveted. But this is just the beginning, there's a lot more to our Newcastle hotel rooms than the world-famous 'winking eye' bridge you see from your window.
All our rooms have the complete set of Mal ingredients - great beds for sleepy heads, moody lighting, en-suite bathrooms with baths and power showers, digital TV, serious wines and naughty nibbles. Other little luxuries include same-day laundry, exclusive toiletries that you're encouraged to take with you, 'vroom' 24 hour room service, fast and free wi-fi, hairdryers, ironing board and iron and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities.
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - Served from 0700-1030. Continental £13.95 per person, full English, £15.95 per person.
- Serve evening meal - Served from 1800-2230. A la carte menu available. Set 2 course, £19.95 per person, set 3 course, £24.95 per person.
- Serve lunch - Served from 1200-1430. A la carte £20-25 per person. Set 2 course, £10.95, set 3 course, £12.95 per person.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Children's videos/DVDs Available
- Facilities for children - Cots.
- Food/Bottle Warming Available
- Dutch spoken
- French spoken
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Technogym, sauna, steamroom, spa treatments.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - £4 per 24 hours on weekends £10 per 24 hours on weekdays
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Available for wedding receptions - Small functions, up to 50 for a private dinner.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Currency exchange service
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Pets accepted
- Public telephone
- Staff Fluent in Languages - Other - Dutch,French
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
|Open New Year|
|Malmaison (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
Map & Directions
From the A1 take city centre signposts. Head for Quayside/Sandgate. Turn left at Melbourne House. Follow road round, the hotel is on the right.
Public Transport Directions
From Newcastle Central Station1 mile.