AboutWith a location as attractive as it is convenient, The Copthorne Hotel is a popular choice for all who visit Newcastle upon Tyne, whether on business or for a relaxing break. Set on the quayside this four star accommodation offers stunning views of the River Tyne.
The hotel comprises of 156 well equipped bedrooms all with river views. These include Classic Rooms, Quay Rooms with a Juliet balcony, as well as Connoisseur Rooms and Suites for that added luxury.
There are 10 conference rooms onsite, 8 with natural daylight overlooking the River Tyne and 4 with private balconies. The conference rooms have a capacity of 2 to 220 people.
With a magnificent glass atrium and comfortable bar area guests can relax in the hotels stylish surroundings. In the evening, relax and dine in Quay 7 Restaurant and Bar which boasts panoramic views of the River Tyne and its famous bridges.
In close proximity is all the local attractions makes the hotel the perfect location from which to explore Newcastle.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double - Classic Room||from £95.00 to £210.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double - Connoisseur||from £120.00 to £235.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite||from £155.00 to £270.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin - Connoisseur Room||from £120.00 to £235.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||from £95.00 to £210.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Additional meal details - Special diets catered for on request.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service - 24 hour room service
- Serve breakfast - Full English and Continental breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Italian spoken
- Spanish spoken
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Currency exchange service
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Pets accepted - Guide Dogs only
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In town/city centre
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Business and Leisure Market
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) Approach Newcastle on A1(M) taking the slip road A695 city centre. At roundabout take 2nd exit and follow city-centre signs. At the roundabout by Newcastle College, take A1600 Quayside exit, 0.25 miles, the hotel is on the right.
Public Transport Directions
From Newcastle-upon-Tyne - 0.25 milesTurn left out of station, left at traffic lights, straight on then left at 2nd set of lights, right down Forth Banks and as the road bends to the left, the hotel is on the right-hand side.