Stephenson Steam Railway
Tyne and Wear
Tel: +44 0191 200 7146
Re-live the glorious days of the steam railway at Stephenson Steam Railway in North Shields. A range of fascinating locomotives are on display including George Stephenson's 'Billy', the world's third oldest surviving steam locomotive and a forerunner of the world-famous Rocket.
On scheduled days, visitors can take a ride on a passenger train pulled by a steam engine or heritage diesel locomotives.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Picnic Site - Machines available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups Accepted - Tearoom must be booked in advance.
- Max group size - 200
- Min group size - 1
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
The museum is well signposted from A19/A1058 junction and is opposite the Atmel Factory.
Public Transport Directions
Percy Main Metro Station. Bus R19 or bus to Silverlink.