Plus a night in Durham Castle
Experience the history and heritage of Durham with a luxury 4 night break, starting with an overnight stay in the Bishop’s Suite in Durham Castle, followed by 3 nights at Best Western Beamish Hall Hotel in the Vale of Durham.
Durham Castle and adjacent Cathedral are a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Durham City, and is the centrepiece of one of the most stunning skylines in Europe. The Bishop’s Suite is the Castle’s State Room. It is the flagship suite which comprises of a grand lounge area with tapestries and an original 18th Century four poster bed. Relax in the grandeur of Durham Castle and enjoy views over Durham City and the River Wear.
The Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel is a destination in itself with an AA four star luxury hotel, offering 42 en suite bedrooms, restaurant and micro-brewery. Beamish Wild Outdoor Adventure Park and High Ropes Course are also located in the grounds of this 24 acre estate.
You will have exclusive use of Beamish Hall's luxury ‘Charron Apartment’ for three nights with a full size, top spec kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and two bathrooms providing luxurious accommodation and substantial floor space - perfect for a longer break up in the rafters of the hall with views over the rolling parkland and breathtaking Durham countryside.
The full package:
- An overnight stay in the Bishops Suite in Durham Castle* followed by breakfast in the great hall for two people
- Free guided tour of the castle
- Free entry into Durham University’s Botanic Garden and Oriental Museum
- A 3 night luxury stay at Beamish Hall in the Vale of Durham, for two people
- A bottle of Champagne in your room on arrival
- A breakfast hamper delivered and dropped to your door on each morning of your stay at Beamish Hall
- A two course meal (for two people) on one evening of your stay at Beamish Hall served at The Stables Bar, Restaurant & Micro-Brewery to be chosen from a selected menu and accompanied by a glass of house wine or half a Beamish Real Ale, brewed on site
- A complimentary brewery tour and tasting session, for two people, led by top brewer John, famous in Durham for his beer skills
- Afternoon tea for two on day two of your stay at Beamish Hall, seated and served in the Eden Tea Rooms in the main hall
- A high ropes session at Beamish Wild, our outdoor activity centre, with lots of monkeying about high in the tree tops
- PLUS, two tickets to Beamish – The Living Museum of the North
Competition closes 30 September 2013.
Terms and Conditions: Travel not included. Subject to availability. No drinks included other than what is stated above. Durham Castle stay is Bed and Breakfast only. *Durham Castle stay: Bishops Suite subject to availability, alternative room will be offered if Bishops Suite not available on selected dates. Champagne is upon arrival at Beamish Hall. No employee of Visit County Durham, Beamish Hall or any subsidiary companies shall be eligible for entry into the competition. Durham Castle stay based on two sharing for one night. Dinner / drinks not included. Beamish Hall stay: based on 2 sharing for 3 nights in Charron apartment. Trip must be booked by 31st December 2013. Accommodation must be taken in consecutive nights and in a single trip only. This trip should be taken before 6 June 2014. Cancellation 16:00 day prior to arrival (Beamish Hall Only) Excludes new year’s eve, all bank holidays and 24 - 25 December. Dining in the stables is based on one night during stay. Ropes course restrictions: Must be over 4’5’’, Must be under 18 stone. Winner will be contacted via e-mail on or before 31st October.
Further information will be sent out when the winner is chosen. The winner will be chosen at random and contacted by Visit County Durham.