AboutThe Durham Round is a county boundary trail for walkers of approximately 155 miles (248K). It includes part of the Pennine Way, Weardale Way, Wear Valley Way, Waskerley Way, Teesdale Way, the Haswell Hart Walkway, Castle Eden Walkway and the Consett Railway Path.
The Durham Round is not for record breakers,heroes and heroines - it is within the reach of most reasonably fit people and people with disabilities.
About two weeks should be allowed for this 155 mile long distance walk. This allows 11 miles a day with plenty of time to visit places of interest along the way - of which there are many. They include great rivers, historic castles and abbeys, heroic waterfalls, industrial museums, sea ports, lead and coal mines, Roman remains, natural wilderness - and the highest pub in England."
- Experience level - advanced
- Experience level - beginner
- Experience level - intermediate
- Fitness level required - high
- Fitness level required - low
- Fitness level required - medium
- Self guided walks/cycle rides - Walking Only
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Outdoor Attraction