Become part of the unique story of the Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County which first opened its doors in 1815 and, to this day, sits proudly at the heart of this vibrant city.
Expect a signature warm Northern Welcome when you visit our hotel, which is perfectly located within walking distance of key attractions, allowing you to discover the history of Durham.
After a busy day exploring, relax in our modern and newly refurbished bedrooms, many of which have breath-taking views of the River Weir, Durham Castle and Cathedral, offering style, comfort and inspiration at every turn.
Our hotel offers outstanding eating and drinking experiences in the form of our brand-new Cast Iron Bar & Grill and Paddy and Scott’s Coffee Shop. At Cast Iron, we serve up big flavour dishes packed with fresh, seasonal ingredients as well as a wide selection of craft beers, wines, local spirits and creative cocktails. We’ve partnered with BrewDog to bring their great tasting beer and passion for sustainability to the people of Durham and serve a range of draft beers, bottles and cans from a pop-up bar on our outdoor Terrace, which is the perfect place to spend warm summer days and nights. At Paddy and Scott’s, artisan coffee that gives back to the community in which it is farmed is served in bold, eclectic surroundings perfect for meeting, working, studying or relaxing.
Our hotel provides a stylish and unique backdrop for any meetings or special events. We have five versatile, light-filled spaces and with our delicious catering and expert planning services, you're assured a successful and memorable event.
More than a place to stay, this is where locals and visitors alike connect and celebrate.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double en suite||£109.00 per room (room only)|
|Also available as:|
|Deluxe Twin en suite||£119.00 per room (room only)|
|Standard Double En suite||£99.00 per room (room only)|
|Supreme Double en suite||£119.00 per room (room only)|
**The prices provided are a guide only. For up to the minute prices please visit www.durhammarriottroyalcounty.co.uk
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Indoor pool
- Swimming pool
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Car Parking (70 spaces) - £7 per night for overnight residents
- Accept coach parties
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available - Complimentary Wi-Fi in all public areas of the hotel. Inclusive is deluxe and superior rooms. Chargeable in standard rooms.
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|