AboutHMS Trincomalee, built in 1817, is one of the oldest ship afloat in Europe and the last of Nelson's frigates. She is the centrepiece of the award winning attraction, Hartlepool's Maritime Experience and is now fully restored in an award-winning project.
Come aboard for a unique experience of Navy life 2 centuries ago. Audio guides are available and guided tours for groups and educational parties. There are also disabled access lifts between the main decks.
A unique venue for functions, weddings and filming.
Pride of Northumbria 'Small Visitor Attraction of the Year 2003' and Excellence in England Silver Award Winner 2004.
Hartlepool's Maritime Experience, including HMS Trincomalee was the gold winner in the category Large Visitor Attraction of the Year 2009, in the North East Tourism Awards.
Admission price includes full access to the quayside and the Ship.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.25 per ticket type|
|Child||£6.25 per ticket type|
|Family||£24.00 per ticket type|
|Over 60's||£6.25 per ticket type|
Great deals available for Schools, Travel Trade and Groups
- Regional and Miscellaneous Green Heritage Site Winner 2007/8 2007
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Audio guide has hearing impaired facilities.
- Guide Dogs Permitted - No restrictions
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access - Disabled access via lifts to the three main decks.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Education Groups Max - 75
- Education Groups Min - 20
- On-Site café/restaurant - The Coffee Shop. Teas, coffees, lunches etc for visitors.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Approx length of visit - 90 minutes for the ship alone
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 75
- Min group size - 20
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Russian printed material
- Spanish printed material
- Dogs Accepted - Guide dogs only
- Event Venue - Wedding licence, dinners, presentations and functions accommodated on board.
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Guided tours compulsory for educational groups
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Pre-booking for guided tours required.
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals - At peak times, please call for details
Map & Directions
Sat Nav TS24 0XZ
From the south, take the A19, then the A689 to the town centre and follow the brown signs for Hartlepool's Maritime Experience / Historic Quay. Look for the masts of HMS Trincomalee (opposite Asda).
From the north, take the A19, then the A179 to the town centre and follow the brown signs for Hartlepool's Maritime Experience / Historic Quay. Look for the masts of HMS Trincomalee (opposite Asda).
Public Transport Directions
A few minutes walk from Hartlepool Railway Station, turn right into Church Street, proceed to bridge, turn right, cross over bridge - Hartlepool's Maritime Experience is approximately 200 yards ahead. www.thetrainline.com
The number 36 bus regularly travels from the town centre to Asda which is directly opposite Hartlepool's Maritime Experience. www.stagecoachbus.com
There is lots of free parking on site with a dedicated area for coaches and plenty of disabled bays.